US$ 172
US$ 149
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 176
US$ 144
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 191/night.

The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 157
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

US$ 261
US$ 240
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 341/night.

US$ 169
US$ 158
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 251/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 226
US$ 138
US$ 255
US$ 228
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 341
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 216/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this place for the location. You can not get anything for this price this close to Times Square. We stayed in the private room with the ensuite. I will start with the worst thing: the bed in this room seriously needs to be upgraded. It was the squeakiest bed I have ever "slept" in. And I say "slept" because I did not really sleep. Literally one tiny movement resulted in a really loud noise, therefore you constantly get woken up or wake up your partner. The room is small, but that was to be expected. It was also reasonably clean. Also since it is a shared apartment expect noise from other people staying there and having conversations late at night in the common area. One night there was also no hot water, which was disappointing. When you put the heater on in the room it is nice and warm. I am not sure if I would want to stay there in the summer without an air conditioner though.

All in all I would recommend staying there if you stay in a different room. There is plenty of things to do in NYC so you really do only need a place to sleep, so book somewhere you will actually be able to sleep!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aussie_alice
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for four nights in early September, and as two students from London on a quick trip to NYC, we didn't want to spend a great deal of money on the hotel (where you don't really spend much time anyway!).I had stayed at a other hotels in NY before (UN Millennium Plaza, Helmsley and the Muse) and having never stayed in a "hostel" before I was a little apprehensive; however, this place has set the standard way high. I wouldn't even call it a hostel, but private apartment (albeit shared). We had a double room with ensuite. Clean with towels provided, plus AC. In the shared area, there was a phone and a laptop to use at our convience, as well as free wifi! Great location, just a five minutes walk from Times Square and Port Authority. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone.

Only downside would be the arrangement to pick up the keys. The wrong address is given on the email confirmation and website, but after phoning the office we were told it was just two blocks up. This could be easily rectified by the company though, and didn't affect our trip at all. Also, the bed was very squeaky (could do with replacing) but I slept very well.

Great stay and would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NILondon
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I didnt expect much because i have heard how small the rooms are in new york, so that didnt bother me. No hot water was tough in the middle of november. Called the girl and she said ya its not stable and offerred for us to go shower down the street at the office. No elevators and 3 stories up so pack light. Got to the room one night and there was a note to go to the office because they had changed the locks so that was a little annoying they could of called and given a heads up before we climbed all the stairs. Meet up to get keys is weird too.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend rented a private room at the Times Square Dream Hostel for a weeks stay in NY. The room wasn't massive, but we had an en suite which was perfect for us. You get what you pay for, but the location was amazing and the price was so much cheaper than we could find anywhere else. Yes there was some street noise at night, but what do you expect being in the centre of New York! I would definitely recommend a private room to anyone visiting NY, and when you're there its not like you spend all your time in your accommodation! The guy who greeted us and showed us our room was very friendly and accommodating, and having a shared lounge and kitchen with a laptop and wifi was idea for planning trips.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

It's true, you are not! So why spend loads of money on a room you'll only use to sleep in and have a shower?! This place was great. We timed it - just over 4 mins walk to Times Square. It's on 9th Avenue - bustling and full of great resturants and bars, but it is NOT at the address given on the booking websites. In fact, we turned up at the door of an empty building with 'for sale' signs on it and panic set in. But then we checked our emails and found that the place was a couple of buildings up, After a phone call, the owner (I think) came and found us and walked us up there to check in. We stayed in a private ensuite room - which is actually a room with it's own bathroom inside an apartment with two other rooms. You have three sets of keys to use to get into the building so security is good, and we hardly saw the other room occupants at all. There were 6 of us in the apartment for the three nights we were there. There was free internet to use on the provided laptop, maps and leaflets to look at, free tea and coffee facilities, free use of a landline phone for local calls and you could take extra pillows and blankets from a cuboard should you need them. Our bed was super comfortable even though it squeaked a bit, and there were plenty of power points, We were also facing away from the street so it was mega quiet despite the hectic streets outside! Get your shower early in the morning, not in the evening!!!

I don't know if my view on this place is slightly skewed or not - you see, this was a life saver booking made completely by chance after we turned up in NY to find our original hotel was in the powercut area of Manhattan immediately following hurricane Sandy. After a horrible night sleeping in a lobby, we spent the next day trying to find a room in any of New Yorks hotels but EVERY SINGLE ONE was full of stranded tourists and evacuated residents. This booking was made only because the previous guest had to cancel due to not being able to get to the US otherwise we would never have even heard of this 'hostel'. But skewed or not, the value for money was great (we actually saved ourselves over $400 by staying here instead or our original booking!) and the location is unbeatable except by large expensive hotels. I will definately be using this place to stay in again when I return to NY! After all, got to go back and do all the things that Sandy caused to shut down!!

If you are looking for luxury, this is NOT it. If you are looking for clean, decently priced rooms, this is IT! And no signs of mice anywhere actually.

Room Tip: Ask for the private ensuite - they are at the back of the building. Also, get a shower EARLY! After a cold shower on the first evening, we quickly discovered that having one before 8am means they are lovely and hot!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family