“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Times Square Dream Hostel
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hostel / apartment is in a great location, only a few blocks from Times Square! Meeting to get the keys was a little confusing as the office is located in a different street to where you stay. No elevator so prepare to climb up three flights of stairs. Small basic room with en-suite which is all we needed! The location was perfect and the price was reasonable, especially for that area. We stayed in a private room with en-suite, so I can't comment on what the other accommodation is like with Times Square Dream Hostel. Would recommend staying here if you're not 'fussy' and don't mind saving some money for great location!

Room Tip: Recommend booking a private room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherrryripe

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this place for the location. You can not get anything for this price this close to Times Square. We stayed in the private room with the ensuite. I will start with the worst thing: the bed in this room seriously needs to be upgraded. It was the squeakiest bed I have ever "slept" in. And I say "slept" because I did not really sleep. Literally one tiny movement resulted in a really loud noise, therefore you constantly get woken up or wake up your partner. The room is small, but that was to be expected. It was also reasonably clean. Also since it is a shared apartment expect noise from other people staying there and having conversations late at night in the common area. One night there was also no hot water, which was disappointing. When you put the heater on in the room it is nice and warm. I am not sure if I would want to stay there in the summer without an air conditioner though.

All in all I would recommend staying there if you stay in a different room. There is plenty of things to do in NYC so you really do only need a place to sleep, so book somewhere you will actually be able to sleep!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aussie_alice
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for four nights in early September, and as two students from London on a quick trip to NYC, we didn't want to spend a great deal of money on the hotel (where you don't really spend much time anyway!).I had stayed at a other hotels in NY before (UN Millennium Plaza, Helmsley and the Muse) and having never stayed in a "hostel" before I was a little apprehensive; however, this place has set the standard way high. I wouldn't even call it a hostel, but private apartment (albeit shared). We had a double room with ensuite. Clean with towels provided, plus AC. In the shared area, there was a phone and a laptop to use at our convience, as well as free wifi! Great location, just a five minutes walk from Times Square and Port Authority. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone.

Only downside would be the arrangement to pick up the keys. The wrong address is given on the email confirmation and website, but after phoning the office we were told it was just two blocks up. This could be easily rectified by the company though, and didn't affect our trip at all. Also, the bed was very squeaky (could do with replacing) but I slept very well.

Great stay and would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NILondon
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I didnt expect much because i have heard how small the rooms are in new york, so that didnt bother me. No hot water was tough in the middle of november. Called the girl and she said ya its not stable and offerred for us to go shower down the street at the office. No elevators and 3 stories up so pack light. Got to the room one night and there was a note to go to the office because they had changed the locks so that was a little annoying they could of called and given a heads up before we climbed all the stairs. Meet up to get keys is weird too.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Me and my boyfriend rented a private room at the Times Square Dream Hostel for a weeks stay in NY. The room wasn't massive, but we had an en suite which was perfect for us. You get what you pay for, but the location was amazing and the price was so much cheaper than we could find anywhere else. Yes there was some street noise at night, but what do you expect being in the centre of New York! I would definitely recommend a private room to anyone visiting NY, and when you're there its not like you spend all your time in your accommodation! The guy who greeted us and showed us our room was very friendly and accommodating, and having a shared lounge and kitchen with a laptop and wifi was idea for planning trips.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple