6,861 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefew blocksnycstarbucks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We arrived to be upgraded to a bigger room which was great. The rooms are comfortable and warm. The staff were very nice.
It is close to good restaurants, Columbus Circle, and the subway. The walk to Times Square is a good 15 minute walk but a good way to check things out.
There is a DUANEreade (Chemist/supermarket) next door for anything you need and a Deli not far away too.
(and a Starbucks on the corner)
The rooftop bar was a nice place to have breakfast. Buffet style for $20+tax

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Bradndeb.

Now that you have stayed once you must come back! Than you for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Best,

GM Empire

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I’ve stayed at this hotel and it didn’t disappoint. The location is fab. I had a room issue and Chris on reception was very quick to rectify it. The following day I spoke to Mackenzie who was also lovely and helpful.

My only suggestion would be that the room description of those rooms with no natural light, be clearer. The showers are in need of an upgrade too. Saying this, these are not things that would stop me from booking again and I would hope that feedback goes a way to seeing these points addressed.

Otherwise, great hotel, fab location and super staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Christine,

Thank you do much for your loyalty and for taking the time to et us know about your Empire experience! Our TEAM is super and I will be sure to share your review with Chris and Mackenzie. Your suggestions are excellent and I will follow up!

Thank you again!

With best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by the lovely and very warm Sophy. She made us feel very welcomed and appeared to be genuinely happy that we are here. We have a wonderful room and of course a great location. Celebrating my son's 18th birthday. Woohoo thanks Sophy!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your business and wonderful review! I am delighted Sophy took such great care! Happy birthday to you son as well! I hope you return soon!

Best regards,

Scott G.
GM Empire Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The general manager has since contacted me, apologized, credited back the charge for the mini bar and my overdraft fees and offered special rates, upgrade to a suite and free Drinks and breakfast should we decided to come back again. This manager was very nice and accommodating and I am going to make plans to stay there for my anniversary and give them another shot. I am keeping the original post from my review because it should not have taken up hours of my time wrangling with the shift manager. However I did upgrade from 2 stars to 3.

This is what I emailed to the Manager and posted as part of my original review:

I am writing in reference to the stay my wife and I had in your hotel this past week. We enjoyed the physical hotel very much but had a number of interactions with your staff that made this a very unpleasant stay. We arrived on Monday and, on Tuesday, we realized that, not only was there a hold on our account for $669.38 at the time we arrived and then another hold for $261.69 at 2:00 AM. We found this out while we were out that evening and were immediately alarmed thinking that someone had skimmed our credit card. When we inquired at the front desk about this at about 10 or 11 PM that evening, we were told that this could be addressed the following morning upon checkout, but that he saw these holds on our account. We found in the morning that there was yet another hold on our card for $411.69. I was using my Visa Debit card and these errors essentially tied up all the money in my account as well as caused me a $35 overdraft fee when I bought coffee at Starbucks the previous morning since I was unaware that the Hotel had put so many holds on my funds. When I spoke to the manager, she insisted that it was a mistake on the part of my bank and that, had the bank not released the first hold they wouldn't have needed to put the third hold on our account. (the bank told me that there was no holds that were dropped.) I showed her the three holds on my account and she said the bank must have put that hold there since she only had a record of a $4 hold at 2 AM when the bank showed a $261.69 hold. When I asked her what the Hotel would have put a hold on my account for $4 for, she couldn't explain. When I did speak to the manager for a third time, she asked what I wanted. I told her that I would like her to credit the $35 I was charged because the hotel had placed too many holds on my funds. She again insisted that this was all my banks fault and she was not going to credit anything back to me. She promptly walked away from me and said she was "done discussing this."

More about the Hotel culture -- While I was waiting one of the times to speak to the manager, I heard one clerk on the phone who was very polite while speaking to the guest, but said some mildly derogatory comments when he hung up to the other two clerks there. Not a sense at all that your hotel is about caring for its guests.

Parking issues --- We also inquired Wednesday evening about whether we needed to do anything to get the $40 parking rate because we self parked at the Icon lot that the Hotel said had an arrangement with. The front desk clerk said that the $60 per night parking was for Valet and that the $40 per night was what everyone paid regardless of whether they stayed at the hotel or not. When we went to pick up our car, we were told that we needed to validate our parking ticket. The staff at the parking garage were great and went to get my car, while I ran back to the hotel to get my ticket validated.

Final Straw -- Upon returning home, we found we were charged an additional $7.62. I did not drink or eat any of the snacks available in my room, so I can't imagine what this could be for.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim T
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Jim,

Thank you for reconsidering I know that you spoke with Johanna our Director of Operations. I am so very sorry on behalf of the associates of the Empire Hotel for the challenges you endured. Rest assured we are working diligently to correct them. I will reach out privately as well.

Kind regards,

Empire

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Big International Hotel but
Five people left me messages - not one came to me.
No continental Breakfast only a Big (expensive) Brunch upstairs on roof terrace
When I complained I was told "Try breakfast next door"

Room Tip: Great Location but that's all!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jedfal
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Jedfal,

Thank you for your business and I am very sorry that your stay as not perfect and res assured I have shared your review with the TEAM. There are no excuses for not getting your messages or the answer to your questions about breakfast.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again and I will ensure your stay is perfect.

Best regards,