“Good Food”
Review of Momofuku Ssam Bar

Momofuku Ssam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Momofuku Ssam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #474 of 15,860 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I visited Momofuku with my wife and adult son on a Sunday in September of 2018. The menu was incredibly varied and exotic, the prices reasonable for an upscale NYC restaurant. Reservations were hard to get, but no problem seating us when we arrived. Modest wine list. The food was very tasty and I recommend this place, so long as you know it's exotic and not American comfort food.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I’d never tried bao buns before going to Momofuku, but they were amazing and now I’m hooked. The off menu rice dish was great too. It was made of fried rice flour balls and was so filling and carb heavy, but just brilliant. Also good were the ribs.

It’s a tapas-like menu, so lots of small plates for tasting which means you get to try lots of different stuff.

I wasn’t wild on the cocktail list, but others might be.

All in all, a super fun and interesting dinner and the buns were to die for.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Got a last minute table on a Sunday night. Has a great time. Excellent service and great food selection. Had mostly small points, worth the trip!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I wanted to go since I saw a Netflix show and we weren’t disappointed! So many great flavors, presentations and combinations. The pork buns, Peking duck and herring were the big hits but everything was good. It’s busy so make reservations. Staff was great too.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner with a couple and our kids and everything was amazing!

We had a variaty of plates to share and everything was delicious, full of flavor and surprising ingredients.

Definitely a must visit!