“Amazing food!”
Review of Basso56

Basso56
Reserve with OpenTable
Basso56 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 14,395 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Fine dinning restaurant
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We went for dinner before the theatre. Our reservations were for 5:45 and they seated us almost immediately when we walked in the door. We had already decided against appetizers, but our waiter (Aleksander) convinced us to try the prosciutto wrapped smoked Gouda. OMG was he right! It was amazing. For our main course, my wife had ravioli and I had the pappardelle with shrimp. Not a big shrimp fan and really wish they would have offered another choice, but both dishes were very good.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We went to NY for the day. I found BASSO56 on TA. It was all amazing. Sabrina was super helpful with wine selection and pairing. Helped with kids orders. I had homemade fettuccine Alfredo and loved it. If you like Italian style cheesecake you'll enjoy theirs, if not get homemade apple pie instead. Such a great dinner

2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My midtown "go to" restaurant. We are always greeted & seated with a genuine appreciation for our presence at Basso56. Waitstaff is excellent and there are a few exceptional standouts. Nice wine list and cocktail choices. Menu selection has just enough choices and variety, and very accommodating to everyone's "thing" about their food. Portions are perfect. My mushroom risotto was fabulous, and the broccoli rabe was delicious. I watched with envy as my wife ate her ravioli (I avoid wheat gluten) but my food didn't leave me "empty." Whenever we're in NYC for a show, business, or whatever, it is usually BAsso56 that is out restaurant choice. Make a reservation on Open Table and get ye to Basso56.

1  Thank NickDanger38
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived early and was seated promptly. We shared mussels for our starter and they were just ok, but barely enough for one. My wife had lamb chops which were delicious, I had veal which was a little tough and overlooked. Not overly generous on portions! Waiter forgot which wine I had ordered and had to come back to the table to ask, when I ordered a second glass later he forgot to bring until reminded. Overall an average experience but above average price, but hey, it is NY!

2  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We've been going to Basso 56 for as long as they've been on 56 thSt. The food always wonderful. The service excellent.we're always greeted with a smile. We usually go pre or post theater and always a special meal. My favorite is Seafood Pasta in a delicious red sauce

1  Thank Joyce S