Broadway Hotel and Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marrakech Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Broadway Tower(New York City)
View Hotel
Royal Park Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Hotel Newton(New York City)
  • Free Internet
Morningside Inn(New York City)
  • Free Internet
The Grant Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Astor on the Park(New York City)
View Hotel
Belnord Hotel(New York City)
1,230 results
All reviewssubway stationcentral parknew yorkupper west sidelounge areacleaned every daybagelstwo double bedstimes squarefew blockslocation is greatvisit nycsinkbroadwaymanhattanensuitecomputers
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on a July (Humid & Hot ) weekend and would stay again if it were just for 1 to 2 nights again. The Crowd was mostly European with a couple of Australians. Staff were friendly and helped. Cool vibe and you talk to "travelers"

The location is great, 2 blocks from 103rd St Subway Station, Central Park, Riverside Park. Lots of shops, cafes, pizza joints, etc.

I used it primarily to sleep ( ye I know it's Manhattan ) and my room was on the 6th floor [ 7th floor is the penthouse ;) :) ]

Being on the 6th floor, I used the lift to get up and my legs to get back down to ground floor.
Ask to see your available choice of room(s) as not much was in my room : [ double bunk bed, vanity basin, lockers, air conditioner]
The room had a squeaky door which I used to open coming back in the early hours of the morning, sorry to my Dorm partner.
The air conditioner was challenged on the high 90s Fahrenheit weekend temperatures but I did get some sleep.
The shared bathrooms are good but poorly ventilated; so leave those windows open.
They allowed a late checkout of Noon, instead of 11 am.

The wifi was good and 3 TVs were available downstairs and viewed the Wimbledon 2012 Final Live on Sunday morning on comfortable lounge. Congrats to Roger!
The kitchen is new but the refrigerator was too small and was full of food and drinks. Couldn't find any ice.
You can have breakfast but you have to pay. i just went to the great & cheap Bagels shop across the street.

They have security at the door which is good.

If You plan to stay more than 2 nights then compare it with : HI New York on Amsterdam Ave but book early :), rates go .... up!

Room Tip: Good for a short stay. Book early & get a room on one of the 1st 2 levels as the lift is slow. Have Breakfast @ The Bagels place on Broadway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelsgood
Broadwaymgt, Manager at Broadway Hotel and Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our staff and the location of The Broadway. Also, thank you for expressing the parts of your stay that you found were less than stellar. We are always searching for ways to improve our amenities and make our guests stay even better. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Firstly, I loved the location of this hotel, I have now stayed at 101st on both the Upper East and West side, and the feel of the West (here) was much safer and better. The Subway was 2 blocks up and easy to navigate, you could get the number 1 all the way to the bottom of Manhattan and it stops in walking distance from almost all major sites. Plus it's nice to still be a busy area without it being too busy OR too expensive for food etc.

It has a very nice feel downstairs in the lobby and kitchen area.

I have to point out something strange that we couldn't understand, there was a man in the room next door to us that clearly lived in the room and wasn't just staying in it as a hotel, because he had hoards of belongings that looked like they'd been there for a long time. He also had 3 cats (it could have been more but we saw 3) living in his room. We found this strange as this hotel has a no pet policy, yet the man always had his door open so quite clearly he wasn't hiding them. We found him quite strange in the way he always seemed to come out of his room when he heard our door - even in the middle of the night. He was friendly and harmless though, we just found his behaviour to be slightly odd and were confused as to why he seemed to be living in a hotel and why he had 3 cats  The room on the other side to us had a table and chairs and wasn't a bedroom - where we were situated felt more like an apartment block than a hotel/hostel.

Other than this strange situation, the room was lovely, we stayed in a 2 bed dorm that was spacious and very clean. The only suggestion I would have is to make the light in the room brighter! It was very dark, but that is the only complaint I have about the room.

To say this is New York City, the price for this hotel was really good value and I would definitely recommend it and stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank AverageGiraffe
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here 3 times in 5 weeks as we travelled via all 3 NYC airports.
Due to availability, we booked both the 2 bed dorm and private room. Our first stay was in the 2 bed dorm with shared bathroom. The room had a single "bunk bed" in a very small room with a very noisy A/C and neither of us really liked it. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, but it just felt a bit like a prison. Having said that, it was great value for a NYC summer. Our next stay was in a private room with shared bathroom and this room was HUGE. It had a very comfortable bed with TV but still had a noisy A/C. Our third stay was also in the 2 bed dorm with shared bathroom but this time we got 2 single beds with a TV in a room about 3 times as big as the first one, despite it being the same room type.
Each room we stayed in had a ceiling fan, and i'd encourage you to use this (instead of the A/C) overnight, if you want a decent sleep.
The shared bathrooms were clean and generally well maintained, but i still chose to wear flip flops, just in case.
There is free wifi in the downstairs lobby/lounge area but not in the rooms and this would be my only gripe.
The location is pretty good, and its very easy to get to and from LGA on the M60 bus and the subway (1) is 2 or 5 blocks away directly on broadway. Its also a short(ish) walk midtown attractions.

Room Tip: choose a room that does NOT face Broadway as the street can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here for one night in a superior twin shared bath room. The shared bath is dirty and the room smelled like feces. It was horrible!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank bboi25
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I just spent a week in this hotel. It has its ups and downs.

Pros
Very inexpensive. With the money we saved staying at this hotel we paid for most of what we did during the day.
Basic amenities. Front desk, lobby, elevator, hot water,
Location is right off Broadway and two blocks from the Subway and from Riverside Park. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
Daily room cleaning. Bed made and clean towels every day.
Shower was modern and very comfortable.
AC
We had a private bath, but I checked out the shared one in the hallway. Clean and basic.

Cons
Very basic.
The elevator is small. Max three people. Very very slow. We stayed on the fifth floor and we climbed the steps most of the time.
Our door only shut when it was locked.
Our AC worked but looked disgusting. It only had two effective settings. Fan on or off. AC on or off. The room would actually get too cold over night. Which was amazing because it was very hot outside.
Front desk help is inconsistent. Sometimes they were wonderful and when out of their way to help and sometimes they seemed very uninterested in our questions.
Wireless internet only works in the lobby.

Still I would stay here again. And I would recommend it, but don't have your hopes set too high.

Room Tip: After reading the other reviews. I would call ahead to be sure you are getting the room you want.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family