“Great steak in really good neighbourhood ”
Review of STK

STK
Reserve with OpenTable
STK is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,622 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: 9th & Washington
Transit: A,C E & L trains to 8th Ave 1,2,3 trains to 7th Ave.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great neighbourhood to wander around and this place is a great steak at the end of it. Family friendly early on and staff are very welcoming. Decent wine list and menu, at ok prices (ok just). Steaks great, sides and appetisers so so. Fun music themes and DJ also which made it good fun. Worth a visit, but if a steak aficionado then there are probably better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've never been to a luxury establishment like this! They nailed every part of the experience, from the cuisine, ambiance to the hospitality. BIG shoutout to Soy for always making us feel extra special and has been a big reason to why I keep coming back to the STK brand. I've visited NYC, TOR and VEGAS multiple times and each time STK has completely blown me out of the water! I know this review is for NYC but if you're ever in the LAS location, big shout out to Rupert who has also gone above and beyond every time. Obviously the steak is the star at this restaurant and every steak I've ordered has been on point! Oysters are a great opener, don't underestimate the place because they definitely know what they're doing with the great pairings of food and beverage.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a trendy popular spot known more for its bar(s) than its food, but the food is very good. It can be slightly over buttered/oiled preparation. This is a fun spot to go with friends, but not a place for dates.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having been to STK at Disney springs in Orlando and such a good meal / environment we had to visit STK New York.
The restaurant looks good. We got a table for two at the window. Tables are relatively close together and it was extremely cold for some reason. My wife had to dine with her fur coat on, also saw other customers doing the same sat down from us.
They didnt have any of the beer i ordered off the menu and took about ten minutes to cone back with my second choice. The tear and share bread is really nice, we had wagyu little burgs starter which were nothing special for a $22 starter. I went for the 16oz sirloin, parmesan fries and red wine sauce ($12) my wife had the chicken dish. Both mains were excellant, one of the nicest steak / sauce combos ive had, Steak was well seasoned. Had to wait another 10mins for a beer during my main. Server seemed to be paying more attention to the larger tables she had than us couples, annoying when you see another server giving great service to the people sat next to us. Took 10 minutes to catch her eye and a few 'excuse me's' for getting a look at the desert menu. Ordered sticky toffee pudding. It arrived with a fork only so no way to scoop up the sauce, again took an age to get hold of the server and get a spoon to the table. By this point im sick of waiting on the server, gets the bill, which comes to around $220 plus minimum tip of $35. I was adamant not to leave any tip as It was the worst service Id probably received in any of our visits to the US, but my wife said you cant leave nothing so left $20, I was disappointed there was no pen with the check tray so i could leave some pointers. The atmosphere was quite poor, we were up on the tables dancing in orlando with the dj banging out the classics, not the same here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently dined here with ages from 15 - 50. I've dined at STK midtown a few years ago & thought that it would be fun again. Midtown was closed that night for a private event, so we ventured to this location. The ambiance is dark & dimly lit, service is courteous, & our server was prompt. I did not remember the music being so overpowering in my past visit, but this visit we could not have conversation with the loud music & the table of teenage girls screeching & flashing selfies all night. I know that the restaurant has little control over this. But I doubt that this table of little girls were buying expensive bottles of wine. The porterhouse with peppercorn sauce was fantastic, as were the bone in filet, tater tots, & creamed spinach. All of the food was wonderful but I guess that it's not our style anymore.