“Typical New Yawk diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Had the chicken pot pie. The top crust was think and flour-ey. The bits underneath were OK, but not a lot of chicken or vegetables. Other dishes looked like massive amounts of fried food smothered in gravy.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We visited the diner twice during our stay - once for a late bite to eat and once for an early morning breakfast. It's open 24 hours which makes it very handy if you're in the area out-of-hours and looking for somewhere to eat. Service is very attentive. Menu is extensive, so there should be something for everyone.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

3 out of the 5 days whilst on my trip to NYC, I ate breakfast/brunch at Lyric. The staff are ever so friendly, they remember your face and order and offer you more water or coffee/tea when they see you have ran out. The atmosphere is laid back and the decor is just as you'd imagine a traditional American diner to be. Their French Toast and pancakes are to die for!The bacon is fat free and perfectly crispy and their scrambled egg is cooked perfectly. The portions are just enough to fill you but aren't too big you feel you are overfaced with food. On my next trip to New York, I'll definitely be visiting and in the next couple of years when I relocate, I'll be a regular!

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

We had just arrived from London and needed a place to have a late dinner.
The waiter was too friendly and all he wanted was to talk about politics and how Donald Trump was going so save America LOL!! By kicking out emigrants, which I was not at all interested and found bizarre because he was an emigrant himself. All I wanted was to eat and that's all. We had burgers that were quite tasty and well cooked,!the wine we chose was as he said out of stock so he went and got another one promising that the price was the same which in the end was almost double the price.
When the bill came, we payed in cash and to our amazement the tip was already taken off (RUDE)his loss because we were actually planing to leave him more than what he took. As it was our first night in NY we decided to leave it at that and go, didn't want to start off the holidays arguing with a seemingly tipsy waiter.
Will not return and don't recommend.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

We went there twice on a recent visit to New York. Once for breakfast and once for supper. Breakfast was nothing short of excellent - great food and prompt friendly service. For dinner the service was a bit slower. A good variety of food was on offer and quality was good. It's a bit off the beaten track but I would definitely go back and recommend it. Prices by NY standards are reasonable.