“Great casual dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

This is a clean quaint diner in the heart of Manhattan. We went there twice for breakfast and the food was excellent! The server was very kind also!

Reviewed 25 July 2015

I was there with my husband on the weekend, we walked in and no one came to greet us at the door, after waiting for a few minutes a waiter came that smelled as if he had been drinking, and we finally got a table at the front of the store.
We ordered some drinks with the waitress who disappeared for a good 10 minutes.
At one point the waitress showed up but still the drinks were nowhere to be found in the horizon. We ordered from the brunch menu, steak and eggs and a lumberjack. We stayed for 1 hour but to our disappointment the food was late ( it took 45 minutes to arrive, and when it did it was lame and cold ).
That's unacceptable, considering that the place was almost empty.
We asked for a medium rare steak but it came out extremely well done.
Also my eggs were supposed to be over easy and I got scambled eggs instead.
The lumberjack was not cooked and it was ice cold.
So was the bacon.
When I pointed out the obvious to the waitress her reply was:
"This is what you ordered".
Well I've got news for you lady,
THAT IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED.
I don't eat scambled eggs.
Besides having to deal with the nonsense of the waitress to our surprise they added the tip on the check.
That's unheard-of !!!
When we confronted her, she said ( get a load of this) that they add the tip on the check because tourists from other countries don't leave tips for the waiters.
Again I have news for you lady, the fact that we are from England and we speak English with a British accent, doesn't make us tourists AND WE DO TIP THE WAITERS !!!
I tell you what folks, this used to be a good place, I don't know what happened.
I guess the owners are too busy to know what's going on in their own establishment or they don't need the business.
As far as I am concerned, we will never go back to that place. The food is average and the behavior of the stuff is unacceptable and less than mediocre.
My advice, go some place else.
ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A TOURIST !!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

We were seated immediately and served water and coffee. Just as short wait to have our orders taken. Food arrived hot and quickly. Nice breakfast for five with everything from grits to eggs, to pancakes and steak, bacon and sausage with lots of coffee. Prices were excellent. Recommend this diner over others in the area which were not as friendly and made you beg for a coffee refill.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Tasty food and a well varied menu. Well priced and they even offer free WiFi.
The staff were very friendly and the service was very quick!

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I walked by this diner several times, so we decided to go there for breakfast. Food was very good and the old school dining experience was great!