I always make it my mission to not use a taxi while in New York and this hotel easily met the challenge. Aside from being a stone's throw from subway trains, Battery Park City and Chinatown are within walking distance. Pleasant walk to WholeFoods in Tribeca which is open from 7am to 11pm daily (excellent hot bar choices for a quick, inexpensive breakfast, lunch, or dinner). Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. Yes, the room is small; but, if you're coming to New York planning to spend alot of time in your room then you're coming to the wrong city. Room and bathroom were very clean and the microwave and mini fridge were an added plus. Our request for a quiet room, away from elevators, vending, and street traffic was satisfied the first time around (our typical check in procedure at other hotels involves 2 or 3 attempts at stepping into various rooms before we finally get a quiet room). We were also happy that the room did not smell of room deodorizers, cleansers, or a musty air conditioner (problems we usually encounter at other hotels). Though no real fault of the hotel, our only complaint pertains to the loud conversation and door slamming in the hallway at 2 am and again at 3:30 am, waking us from sleep. As it ceased after a few minutes on both occasions, we decided not to call the front desk. Perhaps some type of sign should be posted for late night partiers, asking them to be considerate of other guest who may be sleeping. At just under $200/night including tax, the hotel is a solid bargain for New York standards. As we travel to New York several times each year, we will definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca located in Manhattan’s vibrant Tribeca neighborhood is home to the famous Tribeca Film Festival and features direct subway access to get you anywhere in Manhattan in minutes. Visitors can walk to some of the city’s finest restaurants featuring some of the world’s top chefs or shop at some of city’s finest boutiques.Guests will enjoy the property’s many amenities including onsite dining at the AOA restaurant, spacious rooms with HD TVs, complimentary WiFi and Garden Sleep System® beds for a relaxing night’s sleep. Business travelers will appreciate the proximity to major corporations in Lower Manhattan in addition to spacious desks in each room with secure remote printing through PrinterOn®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca Hotel New York City
- Tribeca Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca