“Smoker's Review”

Ranked #181 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Neeses
“Smoker's Review”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

First of all I want to start this off by saying, I am a smoker. It's not easy being a smoker in NYC. Before I picked a hotel, I had to know if they had smoking rooms. They did. Then I asked about their air filtration system,(just b/c I smoke doesn't mean I want to smell like it) & I was assured it was good. But the best part was the windows open just enough to be able to blow the smoke out the window, plus let fresh air in. The room had double doors to the bedroom that can be closed to keep the smoke from penetrating the room.
Now the room itself was so much bigger than I expected. I searched a lot of high end hotels & never found one this big & nice for the money. Everyone from the front desk, the concierge, to the doormen were unbelievably nice & exceptionally helpful in suggestions for my trip.
The room was cleaned more than once a day. The decor was funky & comfortable...but very chic.
The staff at The London NYC made me feel very welcome. I will be returning.

Room Tip: There was no noise on our floor, which was the 18th. I would reccomend staying high up for the views...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tara T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The London NYC has been my hotel of choice in Manhattan for a few years now. Recently stayed there and the service was outstanding as usual. The rooms are spacious and clean and relatively quiet considering its fantastic midtown location. Will continue to stay there exclusively in NYC.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is a very good hotel all round, very spacious rooms, good bar and bistro. Didn't get to eat in the more upmarket Gordon Ramsey restaurant. I personally like this part of New York - 54th street - and it is one of the quieter hotels I've experienced in this city. The only problem was the renovations that took place during my stay which I was unaware of when I booked so I did change hotels after a few days. I will consider going back here though for the positives (once reno has finished).

Room Tip: Ask if they are still renovating. The noise started at 9:00am through the week day. If you plan to b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cyberlion
Appleton, WI
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I really could not think of any significant way to improve our room or our stay. The suite was spacious, especially for Manhattan. The location is outstanding. I got to run in Central Park every day, I walked a block or so for a world famous Carnegie Deli sandwich and more upscale, fantastic restaurants. I love the friendly, upscale, modern vibe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We've stayed at the London on several occasions and always come away impressed. On this trip we spent 3 nights at the London and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We especially like the rooms as they have plenty of space to relax and stretch out. The bed was comfortable and the sitting area is particularly nice. It includes a desk, couch and comfortable chair. The lighting in the rooms is also better than most hotels, which is a plus for reading. The bathroom is also large and has all the usual amenities. Internet access was free which is not always the case at upscale hotels.

We always find the staff to be friendly and helpful but not intrusive. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant or use the gym on this trip, so can't comment on those.

In addition to the above reasons for choosing the London, the location can't be beat. It's within an easy walk of shopping, theatre and other attractions as well as lots of restaurants.

Overall, we remain very pleased by our experiences at the London and will continue to return there when we visit New York City.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple