The London NYC
Ranked #206 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 March 2012

4 years ago, when I first stayed at The London NYC, I was so impressed by the design and the service. Early this year, when I stayed at The London NYC again with my family, I was underwhelmed by our room. It looked very tired and old. The customer service was average and nothing exceptional. It is a good hotel, but too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We recently stayed at The London and we were amazed at the size of our room. We had a large sitting area, fantastic bathroom and a good size bedroom. Overall the property is very nice. If you are looking for a view of Manhattan this is not the place for you otherwise The decor of the room was ultra modern which does not appeal to me. That being said I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryann R
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We just returned and we were thrilled with our experience at The London NY. We needed a 2 bedroom unit and the London offered the most economical square footage with the standards of service that we expect. It was our first time to stay with them and we loved our roomy 2 bedroom suite. Loved the remote control blinds ! Room service was efficient and fast. The concierges were always helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. They made our trip by giving great advice and being helpful with all that New York offers. Dinner at Gordan Ramseys was great. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina T
Reviewed 29 February 2012

MY husband and I stayed at the London back in January for a long weekend. We both love NY and like to try out different hotels. I normally do not post reviews but my husband adamantly persisted me to write this review. We will definitely be back and here's why.

One- the rooms are spacious and very beautiful. We stayed in one of the apartments and it blew our minds. Our room faced Central Park and just absolutely breathtaking. The bathrooms are beautiful-- nice big tub with a glass shower. The living room was so comfortable and it was such a beautiful apartment. We got a great deal for it.

Two- Richie at the concierge desk made our visit so enjoyable. My husband usually doesn't deal with any of the restaurants/shows/shopping but when we arrived on Friday night, we were starving. I had to run to the room to get ready so he went to the concierge for some recommendations. After 30 minutes and he still hasn't returned. I thought it was because the desk was so busy that he couldn't get any information. That was not the case. I saw him chatting away with the concierge and they became best friends for the weekend. Richie sent us to this great little Italian restaurant on the West Side, a fabulous steak house (Benjamin's) then sent us to this amazing Japanese noodle shop!! We are back in the Windy City and still CRAVE the noodles. By the time we we leaving, he already knew us by our names and the nicest part was that he stepped out from the desk to shake my husband's hand. That is called top-notch service. Basically, my husband would like to say Thank You!!

The reason why I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is because of the restaurant (MAZE). We had breakfast there one morning and it was a diaster. There were so many empty tables but we weren't allow to sit because the staff were not cleaning up the tables quick enough. Then when we sat, our server was unattentionive and did not care about us. They were rude, obnoxious and for the money we were paying, it was not OK. IF you're going to stay here, stay away from the restaurant. The food isn't that great. We spoke to the manager that morning, Carlos, about it and this poor guy seems more frazzled than anyone else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I just got back from New York and an outstanding stay at The London NYC. American Express Travel agent recommended this hotel and were they ever right. As with Susan D's review, we stayed in a beautiful suite on the 44th floor with the terrific view of Central Park. Clean, bright and well appointed, this suite was a delight. The room even had automatic drapes and sheers. Everyone on the staff was as helpful as you could ever hope. This was a terrific experience and we will return

Room Tip: The suite is wonderful and reasonably priced by New York standards.