“Great location and friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mela

Hotel Mela
Ranked #256 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Great location and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I would recommend hotel Mela for anybody visiting New York, it was a fantastic location, close to times square/broadway/grand central. All the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The concierge was very knowledgable and gave great advice on places to visit/eat.
Our room was perfect, lovely spa products in the bathroom and very comfortable.
Saju Bistro was also excellent, great breakfast menu to start the day and very warm and helpful staff.
I have no complaints!
I will recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank JessieKeddins
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was a little suspicious of the reviews for Hotel Mela prior to my trip. I was pleasantly surprise, the hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff were helpful and friendly. Although they were unable to accommodate our request for early checking they provide luggage storage. Location cannot be beat, right next to Time Sq.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Its exhausting spending 24 hours traveling from Australia to New York and I wasn't expecting too much from this hotel due to some of the comments on here about the room size. Well what a delightful surprise to be given a room on the 12th floor that was way bigger than anything I've ever stayed in before in Manhattan. It was exceptionally clean and housekeeping really went the extra mile to make me feel special - tiny things like my toothpaste being popped in a glass made me feel like someone cared. The room had everything I needed including camomile tea to help the jetlagged sleep. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I had requested a quiet room to recover from the flights before my conference and it was just perfect, the bed was comfortable and I had more pillows than I knew what to do with. The hotel is SO close to everything in Times Square and I would return in a heart beat. The only down was the lifts were a bit grubby as I went searching for food in the wee small hours of the morning, but that was made up for by the desk clerks tip of Cafe Cranberry one block across where I could more than fuel the jetlag munchies. Due to the nature of my trip I ended up staying in 3 hotels in 7 days and the one that promised the most stars only delivered attitude and didn't rate even close to my little Hotel Mela with the big heart.

Room Tip: Higher floors would attract less street noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Margaret G
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

A friend and I visited NY in April 2012, and we were looking for a hotel that was quite central in Manhattan. Hotel Mela was perfect. A block away for Times Square, 10 min walk to the Empire State building, a block from 5th ave shopping, 7min walk to the subway, 15 min walk to Central Park, 7 min walk to Broadway.

Room was bigger than what I had expected and what I had read from other reviews. Not sure why people are overly concerned about the room size as when you are in NY, I can't imagine spending a lot of time in the hotel room!!

Overall, it was very clean, extremely nice staff, and in the perfect location! I also did get a great deal on Travelzoo, so I felt that the deal we got was of good value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel was perfect in terms of location and service. the rooms were small, but nice. The first room I had was really tiny, which is common in NYC, but just be prepared that if you get a really low rate, you have very little space. I had an upgraded room on a high floor the other nights, and it was well worth the money for a little more space. And a great view of 44th St. E. The decor is nice, everything is clean and fresh and the windows open which I really like. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and ask for a room on a higher floor witha view of 44th St. E
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business