“Night to remember ”
Review of Buddakan

Buddakan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddakan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 14,381 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A,C,E to 14th Street. L to 8th Ave.
Description: The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking district of Manhattan combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

If you are in New York and want to have that special night out you can't go past this place. It's simply amazing. The food, atmosphere, service is 1st class. The wow factor is defiantly there from the minute you walk in. It caters for intimidate dinners for two to group dinners at communal tables in the ma n dinning arena. Must do on a New York adventure.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing Asian Fusion. Spider crab delicious. Suggest ordering dishes to share. Clientele quite young and hip and the 'waiting area' is a dark bar where we weren't sure we would be found when our table was ready - but like. Clockwork we were showed to our table for a very memorable meal.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Buddakan has been a consistent and delicious restaurant since I've been coming here (2006). It surpassed the trendy prestige and achieves excellence with quality and attention to detail. Staff, food, drinks, atmosphere. Run the gauntlet on the menu and share everything! Will always be coming back ;-)

- Jared

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I was in NYC for my birthday and was really stumped as to where to eat for my birthday. I wanted to go somewhere that did Asian fusion type food and was cool.
Upon arriving at Buddakan I was surprised to see so many casually dressed tourists...guys in shorts, flip flops etc, I was expecting a proper restaurant, me and the wife were dressed up.
We were seated quickly on a kind of hallway overlooking the main room, it was fine but I knew they had better tables.
The food and service was good, I can't complain but it is very expensive for what it is (Zuma, Nobu etc do similar food). If I were going to spend over $200 on dinner again I'd want it to be in a really classy place, had I known I would shown up in shorts as well.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

NOT CHEAP, but worth it.
A great Asian fusion restaurant with a trendy design.
The food was innovative and delicate,
The service implacable.