I cannot praise this hotel enough, both for its staff and its position.
You do have to look to find it as its tucked inbetween other offices and shops but you won't regret it once you've done so. We were dropped off by shuttle at the Grand Central Station and walked from there, it took about 7 minutes. We were greeted by name when we arrived and welcomed like returning friends, even tho we had not been there before. I had already been in contact with the manager regarding several questions I had, which had been answered quickly and helpfully on-line, and she came out to meet up when we checked in. We had been upgraded to a suite on the16th floor which was a lovely surprise. The reception area is very small and also includes the breakfast area. Breakfast was included, tho we didn't hold much hope if it being very good and were more than pleasantly surprised next morning to find the omelette and scrambled egg was better than we had experienced in many a 4 star hotel! The suite was lovely and had a fridge and microwave should you need them. Large TV in both the bedroom and the lounge area. The bathroom with extremely large walk in shower was clean and functional with fresh towels/soap etc. each day. The view outside the window was directly into the offices opposite but we never came there to be in our room other than to sleep so this was of no consequence to us. We were just 5 minutes walk from Times Sq, 10 minutes from the Rockefeller Center, and 10 minutes from the theater where we had booked to see Jersey Boys (fantastic show), So its position was fantastic. The small business centre and 2 desktop computers were good as I had not taken my netbook with me, even tho there was WiFi in the rooms. All the staff we met were more than helpful. If and when we go back to New York I would not bother to look for anywhere other than here again. Thanks you Chavon and your staff for such a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan