I was surprised when I entered the hotel based upon the reviews on TripAdvisor. The lobby is tiny and was somewhat unclean. When I returned later in the evening, there was a drunk couple arguing by the check-in desk.
I was not acknowledged as a Platinum Ambassador member upon check-in, nor was there any extra amenity provided. Dennis at the front desk as very nice.
There is a business center, but no gym in the hotel, which is a major negative. You have to pay $15 to use a NYSC location a block away. Parking is on the other side of the block for $35 with hotel voucher, so if you have a lot of luggage, plan accordingly.
What was most upsetting was that they seemed to use my floor as a staging area for equipment. When I got off the elevator after checking in, there was a large luggage trolley impeding access to my room. With a handful of luggage, it was not easy to maneuver. The following day upon checkout, there was a large mattress and the housekeeping trolley right outside my door, which I again had to move. Not very professional.
The rooms are tiny, as expected and don't really have great views, even on the higher floors. the elevator was rather slow.
I think this hotel needs a major overhaul and I don't felt like I got value for the money paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York Located in the heart of New York City, Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York is perfect for one who wants to experience the best of Manhattan and Times Square. You will be spoilt for choices by the wide range of activities surrounding the hotel, from musicals at the Theatre District to exhibitions at the Modern Museum of Art, shops at the Fashion District to strolls in Central Park or Bryant Park. If business is what brings you to the city, you will find major commercial buildings often just a short stroll away from the hotel. The Grand Central Station and subways are also easily accessible, seamlessly connecting you to the rest of the city. Stay productive in our 24-hour business center which offers wireless internet access and a range of business support services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan