Gramercy Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
The Marcel at Gramercy(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
The Lex NYC(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The New York EDITION(New York City)
Hotel 17(New York City)
  • Free Internet
1,519 results
All reviewsrose barmaialinoprivate parkred velvetnew yorkroom serviceunion squarehotel guestshome away from homeroof terracehotel is beautifuljunior suitethe general managerturn down servicenyc hotelluxury hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I've always stayed in huge hotels in New York (the W, Waldorf Astoria, Paramount etc) so wasn't sure what to expect from a 'boutique' hotel in the USA's largest urban sprawl...

I was hooked from the minute I arrived. The hotel is beautifully designed - like a dark, sexy, mysterious play-den in the heart of Manhattan.

Amazing decor, spacious rooms (by NYC standards at least), great facilities, huge roof terrace, beautiful bars and impeccable service made my trip.

The mini-bar in each room is amazing. Described as an 'English Drinks Cabinet', it is a full bar with large bottles of spirits, wines, Champagnes and mixers accompanies by nuts, snacks, crisps, chocolate, candy etc. Definitely a hotel to be naughty in ;-)

1  Thank craiglegrice
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We are a married couple living in new york city. we wanted a nice getaway weekend in the city where we could enjoy room service, watch tv, and chill out. so we booked a room for one night in this hotel. we had heard good things, and it has good reviews. prior to arriving, it took 20 minutes of being on hold just to speak to a reservationist. when we arrived, there was chaos at the check-in desk with nobody making an effort to deal with the customers. so we asked the front desk to take our bags to the room while we grabbed a bite. an hour later, our bags were still on the floor in front of the front desk. at this price, when guests tell the front desk that they have been waiting one hour for their bags to go to room, you'd think the front desk would pull it together. not here. ultimately, we took our bags up to our own room. our experience at the bar was no better. after four requests for a menu from the same person, there were no vegetarian options and they do not even bring out a napkin and utensils. i had to ask four times before getting a napkin. it was like eating at a diner. hotel bars serve food all the time. the fact that this is a bar does not mean they can skimp on top-notch service--not when you charge $19 for a drink. and the room was very disappointing. too small, and the suite to which we were upgraded was worse than the original room we had been assigned. i also note that i am a normal sized woman (size 12), and my body barely could fit through the bathroom door. first time this has happened in my life. when we asked to see a manager we were given the front desk manager and she did not seem to know how to fix a downward spiral of a situation. you'd think someone in the hospitality industry would know how to deal with situations like this. but this woman did nothing to try to ameliorate the situation. and we were told there was no hotel manager present. the first and only time in my long life of going to many many hotels that i had to call the hotel operator from my cell phone since approaching the front deask was not possible. ultimately, fed up with a situation that was just getting more and more disappointing, we turned around and went back to our apartment uptown. this place has a 5-star aesthetic but is in fact a hipster holiday inn with motel 8 service.

Room Tip: Do not book a reservation here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TwotravelTwotravel
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I've just enjoyed a very, very brief stay in the Gramercy Park Hotel.

The positives: the look, feel, ambiance and smell of the place. The rooms are a good size, beautifully furnished and the beds divine. Loved the toiletries - very classy. The staff are cool yet not so cool that they won't help you (you know the kind of hotel I'm talking about that's overstaffed with resting actors......)

The downsides: swordfish jaws in the lobby don't do it for me (I'm Director of a Marine Charity). Getting breakfast on a Saturday morning proved surprisingly difficult - really not that hard for a place of this class, surely?!

Overall, a good stay and I wish I'd had more time to enjoy the place and its amenities fully.

1  Thank Clarabellestar
Reviewed 4 May 2012

In NYC for work. Was prepared to write a good review of the hotel when I left, as I like the rooms and vibe. But that opinion has changed.

It is 930 PM and I am in the hotel working, prepping for a big day tomorrow. Called room service to order dinner. Was told that the in house restaurant has an event so almost all of the room service dinner menu is unavailable. Only one dinner entree is available, otherwise just the late night menu. So if I want frozen pizza and fries, then I am set. If I want regular dinner -- no dice.

Most hotels, if an area is to be closed for the evening, will slip a note under your door letting you know so you can plan in advance. ("we are sorry, but most of room service will not be available tonight because our restaurant is closed.") Manager on duty not aware of why most of the menu is not available. A hotel of this level should not just shut down room service, especially without warning the guests. But this may just be the type of place where, as other guests have written, the nightlife and event business is more important than the regular guest business.

2  Thank crashbpm
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel was everything I imagine and more. Perfect location. My room over looked the park and the service was fabulous. If your looking for a unique experience, you have found it at the Gramercy Park Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo