All reviews sinai hospital courtyard marriott new york central park nice hotel fridge and microwave quiet location minute walk few blocks free coffee subway station by nyc standards fitness center front desk staff king bed decent size around the corner
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Yes it’s NYC and rooms are small, lobbies are almost non existent etc. But our room was clean, everything worked well, was quiet, front desk was friendly, we dumped the car at the Brittany lot down 92nd street for $35 a day, and enjoyed the delis, drug store, dry cleaner, Thai resto (Peppercorn) Pho resto, Starbucks and more on 1st ave, all within 2 minutes walk. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andyfrank55
Sean A, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thanks for the great review, andyfrank55!

It's wonderful you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We strive for excellence so we're thrilled you appreciated not only our friendly staff and clean, quiet rooms, but also our convenient location! Your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We can't wait to host you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a stellar day!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Very good hotel at the northern edge of Yorkville on the UES. Close to the new 2nd Ave line, walking distance to the East River Promenade and to Central Park. The rooms are largish by Manhattan standards and well appointed.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor and you may have a view of the East River
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevincW4167YP
Sean A, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for the great review, Kevin!

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us! It's wonderful that you loved our central location so much! We'd love to see you again soon so we can share an even more positive experience with you.

Have a stellar day!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I recently stayed with my son at your Upper Manhattan location. I had reservations for Friday, March 2 - Sunday, March 4. Unfortunately, due to the severe snowstorm, it took us a total of 30 hours to drive from Toronto to New York. Since we were delayed, I asked my wife to call the hotel to inform them of my delay and also to ensure the charges were accurate on my card.

We ended up arriving at the hotel on Saturday, March 3. Upon returning from dinner, I was called to the front desk by EDSON. He stated that I had not yet paid for my Saturday night stay. I ensured him that I did so and I also showed him my Capital One statement from my app that clearly indicated 2 hotel charges (1 for Friday and 1 for Saturday). Edson stated he did not see the payment going thru on the hotel system and that I should call Capital One. It was only when I called Capital One in his presence and they provided him with the confirmation number that he was satisfied that I did in fact pay. This whole interaction occurred in front of my friends and I was extremely embarassed. Edson was extremely rude and had raised his voice several times. NOT ONCE DID EDSON APOLOGIZE FOR HIS RUDENESS!! There is a severe lack of customer service here...something I did not expect from a Marriott hotel.

According to my Capital One statement, even after resolving the issue and even after I checked out of the hotel, Marriott attempted to charge me an additional 2 times. In fact, Marriott made a total of 7 charges on my credit card for a 2 night stay.

I even called the hotel manager, Mark Ruff, the day after I returned. It has been 3 days and I have yet to hear from him.

I do not think this is an isolated incident. In fact, we travelled with about roughy 30 other families and they too voiced similar experiences.

I am certainly going to think twice when it comes to staying at another Marriott hotel especially this one in New York.

Stay clear of this hotel....there are so many other options.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert B
Sean A, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Robert.

We're disheartened that you had such challenges with your billing and that our team didn't go above and beyond to accommodate your needs. We also regret the challenges you had faced during your check in process. We strive to provide our guests with the upmost of respect as well as the most enjoyable time with us so this is very alarming. We care deeply about the satisfaction of our guests so we have forwarded your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so we may improve moving forward.

We hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

There are not a lot of budget hotel options on the upper east side. While this property lacks amenities, it provides excellent value in a good location. For those who need affordable, long term accommodation at an affordable price, the suites are particularly attractive. They are reasonably spacious and are equipped with a fridge and microwave. We needed to be in this neighborhood for several days to be with family, and were more than comfortable staying in a suite at this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Alan.

We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with us. We care about the satisfaction of our guests so we appreciate you letting us know what we can do to make your stay perfect. We'll make sure to communicate your feedback to our team.

We're looking forward to sharing an even more pleasant experience with you soon. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The first night we noticed we had blood stained sheets. We called the desk and they apologized and changed the sheets. This would have been fine however it happened a second time. I noticed it the second time, the maid service took care of it for me, but when I told management they didn't think it was an issue.

Nice location if you don't mind sleeping on blood-stained sheets.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Suzanna P
Sean A, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Suzanna.

It's disheartening to hear that you had such challenges during your time with us. We're disappointed that our cleanliness didn't meet your expectations and that your sheets weren't refreshed properly. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is important to us so we'll be sure to address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope for the chance to demonstrate the high-caliber service we're accustomed to sharing with our guests.