“Such an interesting tour!”

Rockefeller Center Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 84.00*
and up
New York City Explorer Pass
Ranked #81 of 660 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rockefeller Center Tour celebrates the rich history and exciting presence of New York's architectural jewel. The center was the ambitious vision of a young John D. Rockefeller and hosts more than 100 breathtaking works of art. In addition to housing NBC, Radio City Music Hall and Christie's Auction House, Rockefeller Plaza is also the home of the world-famous skating rink visited by more than half a million people every year.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got stuck in New York because of the snow (so sad!!) so we booked the tour of the Rockefeller center. We had already been to the top and seen the fab views but fancied the tour and we were so pleased we did. In fact, I would recommend it to anyone - it was easily in my top 3 things we did in the city. I am glad we got stuck by the snow as otherwise we wouldn't have gone. The tour was informative and fun. Our tour guide, Matt, was so knowledgeable but made the tour really accessible and funny. We had haklf price voiuchers in our New York city pass which was fab as we got to skip the line. I am not really an 'arty' person, so don't be put off by the 'Art and Architecture' title, the info about Rockefeller the man was so fascinating, and the art and architecture just added to the fabulous tale weaved by our tour guide, you must go!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"observatory"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As other reviewers have said, Mark is such an energetic and passionate tour guide. I learned more than I expected from the tour. He did a good job of keeping everyone together through the crowds on the street.

I recommend visting the ticket desk early in the day to book this tour and the Top of the Rock. Book the tour for about 1.75 hours before sunset. You will be able to go right into the Top of the Rock express line from the tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was by far the best tour I joined in New York. My wife and I had the New York Pass and decided we would go to it prior to doing 'Top of the Rock'

My wife and I were not big lovers of art or architecture prior to this but our tour guide (I believe Mark) was exceptional. He fully explained and showed us how ahead of their time the Rockefellers were. The building was exceptional and the ideas so far ahead of their time. I especially loved the consideration given to the surroundings.

An exceptional tour with a very passionate and knowledgeable tour guide!

A must for anyone who will be in the area.

The Maguires

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our tour guide was knowledgeable. He gave us personal headphones to listen to him so that we could hear him as we moved around the center, both inside and outside. I learned a lot about both Mr. and Mrs. Rockefeller and about the gorgeous art throughout. The tour guide left us at the elevator taking us up to the self-guided rooftop view.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We weren't in the mood for this tour - it was 5.30pm and we'd been pounding the NYC tourist trail all day. But friends had recommended it, and they weren't wrong. Our experience of the 'Rock' to this point had been the subterranean shopping arcade - not that special, to be honest! But the tour with Mark (or was it Mike? young guy) was so entertaining and the history so interesting that we didn't notice the time. There's so much in here, the Rockefellers, the depression, disputes about symbolism in the art works (is that a hammer and sickle I see?). I love the optimistic artworks showing radio and television driving out the demons of poverty and ignorance - what a noble, progressive vision. Anyway, great tour, highly recommend it.