“Great views of the Empire State Building but pricey”
Review of VU Rooftop Bar

VU Rooftop Bar
Ranked #7,648 of 14,663 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 27 January 2017

A small roof top bar - we stayed in the adjacent hotel so we popped up. Great views of the Empire State Building towering above us but rather pricey for just that view ($8 for a beer). However they have a smoking section on the terrace with outdoor wall heaters - a nice touch. Stayed for about an hour and a half and it was not busy at all. Music playing in the background. Good for a pit stop but thats about it.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

This is on the 14th floor of the La Quinta hotel in Manhattan, NYC. The map for some reason shows it as being in Warren, Michigan ??

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Eugene H
Reviewed 13 October 2016

It's a cool bar to visit like most others in town but I must quickly add here it gets too crowded too quickly. As a result of that I am not sure I will want to visit it a second time. If you haven't been there before then you could try it out once and decide for yourself but if you do like a place that's quieter, then probably not the bar to frequent.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

VU used to be on my regular list of nightlife stops - until I discovered some others that were less crowded and more impressive. VU sits (what looks like) practically under the Empire State Building which is definitely worth seeing, just know if you want a picture of the building not at a weird crooked angle you can check out some other rooftops (see my other reviews). VU has inexpensive drinks (Frozen Margaritas!), great for those on a budget, and a lively young crowd. It is near impossible to get a table outside, very easy and nice door.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

What a neat little rooftop bar on the 14th floor of the La Quinta Hotel. The Empire State building towers right next to it giving you a great view of the skyscraper. We were there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon around 4pm in July. There was a 3 piece band playing soothing jazz. They were good! The drink prices were great considering where you are. I think Sunday was Happy Hour all Day???There are tables and couches outside that probably seat about 50 people comfortably. The place filled up quickly that afternoon so get there early. Many people came up while we were there but no place to sit so they left. No wait staff while we where there but only a few steps up to the bar. I liked it that way better. Very small food menu. Did not partake in food. I would definitely go back if I'm in the area again. Nice addition to your NYC memories.

Been to VU Rooftop Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK