“Moqueca de Peixe (Fish Stew)”
Review of Emporium Brazil

Emporium Brazil
Ranked #670 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

I was in Rio de Janeiro last week but only for a day and did not get my usual fill of Brazilian food. But no problem, there's Emporium Brazil on 46th St! I love their Moqueca de Peixe which I swear is better than what I had in Bahia last year. But the picanha does not come close to what I get in Rio. Nevertheless, I definitely recommend this place to satisfy any craving for Brazilian food. They even let me bring home my left over pimenta malagueta which I really like.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Amazing food, service, and staff in a terrific nyc location! Would definitely go back ....truly authentic Brazilian experience in every sense!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

This was a central location to meet friends coming from different directions and it was a big hit. The food, traditional Brazilian, was a big hit. Our party shared a variety of dishes our waiter helped pick out and he informed us how hot or spicy each one was. Everyone had plenty and there was a nice variety. Almost everyone got steaks and the reviews were universally very positive. Not the best steak of your life; but, there is that Brazilian flair that you can't always find and in general we would say they were quite good. The ones cooked medium rare seemed to hold better taste than the medium ones. Desert menu is small. The prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is cozy chic. We were there on a weeknight around 6 and it wasn't crowded at all. Nice bar to sit at too and have a drink. Nothing felt rushed, all left satisfied. Again, it's near a lot of tourist, business things to do and walkable from almost anywhere in mid-town. A few of us even walked to Penn Station to catch a train, 12 blocks in 15 minutes, pretty easy.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Popped in here for evening meal and was pleasantly surprised. The soup of the day was delicious and the squid was huge and delicious.
I had the pork chop and it was enormous and couldn't finish it. Crime brûlée was to die for. Would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Was in New York City on business and was looking for something nice but reasonable in midtown with a coworker. Based on other positive reviews we decided to give this place a try and it did not disappoint. Great steak and sides (and dessert!), very attentive wait staff and atmosphere was very nice but comfortable. Had a traditional Brazilian cocktail that was very good as well. Prices are fair for midtown Manhattan. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope I can go back soon.