Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this place by friends and it didn’t disappoint. The food was delicious and the staff friendly and polite. We got the special as it was lunch burger and a pint for $17 which was great value for money. We then got pancakes to share for dessert. They were amazing! I think it would be brilliant for breakfast as well as there was plenty on the menu.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

What a delightful place to have breakfast, brunch or lunch. Table and counter seating is available. The menu has so many good items it’s hard to make a choice. I recently took a trip to the south and I felt like I was right back there. From the Po’boy catfish, the fried green tomatoes, fried chicken and waffles and buttermilk biscuit sandwich I thought I was in heaven. I had the Southern Breakfast which was two eggs any style, sugar-cured bacon cheese grits and fried green tomatoes. There are many other choices on the menu - so hard to choose ! The portions were plentiful and wait staff was efficient, pleasant and attentive. They also offer some “spiked drinks” - mimosas, bellinis and the Clinton Street Bloody Mary. I went on a weekday but be advised weekends can be crowded with lines. Cash only no credit cards accepted.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Every time I'm in NY, I try to come here for pancakes. Really good and really fluffy (often I find pancakes too dry). I highly recommend coming here for breakfast. However, you have to wait for a long time to get a table and you can only pay cash.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went in for brunch with 4 friends. Had to wait one hour for the table but it was worth it. American style brunch dishes, recommended the pancakes and the chicken sandwich.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The pancakes were delicious and it was a very big portion. If you are not a big eater, then share it! The oats were also very tasty.
As it is quite popular it is very crowdy, which makes the staff somehow hectic because they want to serve as many tables as possible.
If you want to enjoy a long and relaxed breakfast then this is not the place for you.
The food is definitely worth a visit though!