“Brilliant.”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed 1 May 2012

On our last night in New York we wanted to go somewhere spectacular and we were not let down. We arrived and were greeted by the friendly staff who advised us the table was not quite ready. We waited in the bar for 20 mins which did not concern us.
The setting of the restaurant is beautiful. High ceilings and very well furnished.
The service from the staff here is as good as the food. Very friendly and very professional. Wasn't in your face over the top friendliness, but enough to compliment the food and the setting.
The wine list is the size of a short novel and the staff are more than willing to offer advice.
When you receive the menu it's a surprise - 4 rows of 4 ingredients in which you choose 1 from each row. For mains you can choose a duck dish for 2 which is what we chose. Wow. The sight of this duck being wheeled out on a trolley and then carved up in front of you then plated with the accompanying sides.. I could have quite happily gnawed all remaining meat off the bone. Sensational !!
The value for money here is also excellent. For the quality of the food and a bottle of wine to be around 400USD, we both agreed we could have quite happily paid more.

Definitely one of the better restaurants I've been to. Could not have asked for a better meal to end our first trip to New York. Goes without saying that on our next visit, we will be returning.

1  Thank TheBigP15

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We put a timer on our computer so that we could book exactly one month prior from Australia, we had high expectations given the reviews we'd read. Our booking was April 24, we were seated on the upper level close to the kitchen, we each chose the tasting menu. First impressions we're positive - beautiful room, great champagne, thanks to a very helpful somellier. From then on the experience, especially the front of house service, was disappointing.
I could say a lot but to be short: For a 3 star restaurant there was no sense of timing and coordination of food and wine service, the fois GRAS was served and then we waited 5 mins or so for the wine we'd ordered to match, the head waiter then scolded us for not starting as the dish was temperature sensitive, if we'd been up for an argument we would have asked them to take it back until they'd poured the wine.
On top of this one of the waiters pouring water consistently spilt and splashed it over the cutlery, and table. One course arrived without cutlery.The head waiter was obnoxious and we were treated more like tourists than fine diners, perhaps he should set up the soda stream and egg nog next to the Shake Shack and see how he goes. The chocolate desert was inedible due to excessive salt. While chefs presenting food is 'cool' it would be preferable to have people speak up confidently.
I'm sorry that we cannot recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank PhilisD
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I went with other 3 friends and the reservation was at 10pm, we ended eating at 1:30 a.m and not because we wanted, it was because of the bad timing and service of the staff. We ordered a whiskey and took them 30 minutes to notice it.
The food was ok, nothing spectacular and the portions where very limited.
Save yourself some money/time/bad experience and go somewhere else.

What a dissapontment...

3  Thank FernandoAV
Reviewed 27 April 2012

but I can understand being one of america's 'great' restaurants. I received a holiday gift mid december so I was excited to go mid month and it was great but kept thinking this is the 'best'... There has to be better out theer and I will find it. I had the $ 125 tasting menu and wasn't blown away as I thought I would be. Service very good. My friend was still hungry but was very pleased with their huge wine list offerings

2  Thank bigplateplease
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I expected good food but who knew the staff was going to be such fun. Had a blast. Highly recommend this place.

2  Thank picozoz