“Healthy and delicious food in a cozy setting.”
Review of Snack Taverna

Snack Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Snack Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,777 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: 7th Avenue, Morton and Bedford
Transit: Take the Red Line 1, 2 or 3 train to either Christopher St (4 blocks down 7th ave.) or Houston St (4 blocks up 7th ave.). We are located on the corner of 7th avenue and Bedford. The Blue Line A, E and C or Orange Line F, V, B or D stop to West 4th street. Cross Bleeker to 7th avenue and then continue down 7th avenue 3 blocks to Bedford.
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Whenever I'm in the area, I stop and have either lunch or dinner at this place. The food is always very flavorful, tastes fresh and the service congenial. Its a wonderful neighborhood restaurant!

1  Thank msgwendolin

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Really enjoyed the strapatsada eggs for brunch. Attentive staff , good atomosphere and most important...delicious coffee. Wait for a table in the window. No better place to watch humanity.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Went there yesterday. Very small Greek restaurant, a little congested tables are very close to each other. Everything is simple but very friendly. The waiter Juhan was very consultative and helpful in reviewing the menu. I got chicken soup with lemo for appetizer which was good but nothing special. My friend has sauted calamari which he said was good. Main course I got the branzino which was very small tasty but not great. The potatoes that came with it were overcooked and not good.
Funny. They have no wine glasses... they use regular heavy water glasses which was not fun. The first wine they recommended me was not good and we took another bottle which was just fine.
Over all I will go for appetizers probably not full

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Snack Taverna is located right in SoHo in a quaint setting with seats for about 30.
They have attentive staff and a homey feel. They have some of the best tasting hummus I have ever had and I would definitely recommend getting the dip sampler as an appetizer.
They have a small but great menu. If you like Spanakopita get the spinach squares. For fish try the Branzino. Simple but flaky and delicious. For meat eaters try the lamb.
This is not the best Greek I have ever had but it is high on my list.

1  Thank AlicesAdventures13
Reviewed 23 December 2015

We noticed Snack one day, checked out the menu, and then returned for dinner. We're glad we discovered it. The food is Greek - good Greek. Lots of small plates and a good selection of mains too. We took the small plate approach and had a great selection of dishes. It's a small place with a comfortable vibe. You could stop for a snack, a drink, a snack and a drink, or a bunch of small plate snacks with drinks that added up nicely to a really good dinner. We will go back soon.

1  Thank SanFranciscoGuy634