“Best vegetarian food ever eaten”
Review of Red Bamboo

Red Bamboo
Ranked #542 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best vegetarian food ever eaten”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Honestly- this is THE place to try for vegetarian food in NY.
Absolutely blown away by the quality of food.
They specialize in "vegi" versions of familiar dishes like bbq ribs to fried chicken.
Never been so amazed by how good the food was! Prices around 10 usd for a main.
Busy place so arrive early for a seat and enjoy! Doggy bag friendly and large portions so good option to bring home an extra dish!

1 Thank CCcouple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Maracaibo, Venezuela
“Excellent vegetarian "meat" dishes!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I went to this restaurant several years ago and recently returned because I remembered it so well. I went with non-vegetarian friends and they loved it as well, so there is something for everyone! The prices are not too bad compared to other vegetarian restaurants in the area.

New York, New York, United States
“My favorite place”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I love this place! I've been going to this 7 years and I can't stop. I love every item on the menu, th prices are great, the portions are wonderful (big) and the staff is friendly. I would eat there everyday if I could. I recommend the BBQ buffalo wings, the mortalin sandwich and the shakes. Actually, I recommend everything! I'm a vegetarian but I took 15 meat eaters with me and they loved it (and they don't lke fake food)

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Out of this world !”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My boyfriend and I visited here in January this year and didn't expect to be so blown away ! He got vegan ribs and I had the parmesan with vegan cheese and we've never tasted food so good ! We ended up eating practically all our meals for the week here, with dribble protruding from our lips at the very mention of the name. Paying another visit next month so will write a fresh review with pictures when it's new in our memory again.

Portion sizes are huge, especially as they cost very little !

• Visited January 2012
toronto
“Incredible mock meats”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I would have to say this is one of my top three restaurants to visit when I am in NY. Every item I have ever had at Red Bamboo has been remarkable. Red Bamboo's BBQ Buffalo Wings are one of the best things I have ever eaten. The Chicken Parmesan Hero and Classic BLT are other top favourites. This was my first visit with my one year old daughter and the menu had lots for her to ear - she loved the mashed potatoes with corn. Red Bamboo needs to be a definite visit visit for any vegetarian!

• Visited May 2012