“Have a drink by the fireplace.”

One if by Land, Two if by Sea
Reserve with OpenTable
One if by Land, Two if by Sea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #839 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: b/w 7th Ave. and West 4th
Transit: 1 at Christopher Street/Sheridan Square. A, B, C, D, E, F, M at West 4th. See our website for detailed directions.
New York City, New York
“Have a drink by the fireplace.”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

One of N.Y.'s most romantic places. There's nothing lovelier than sipping a drink by the fireplace and listening to the beautiful piano--ask him to play some Erik Satie, his music is just gorgeous.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“beautiful romantic restaurant”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My friends and I went to dinner for restaurant week last year. Although we were all women, I would highly recommend this place for a romantic dinner. The ambience is beyond beautiful.I went with friends and we got a great table in the middle of the dining room. The restaurant is so quaint and we could see the beautiful paned windows which led to the outside patio. Most of us ordered beef and were pleasantly surprised. the rest of the group ordered fish and it was cooked to orderl THe veggie were al dente which was mmmmm... and the servic was excellent. I am looking forward to going back again . I would highly recommend visiting this restaurant

Visited May 2011
“Beautiful, delicious”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Based in a wonderful colonial mansion with an intriguing history, the warm atmosphere is a wonderful escape from the bustling city. The food is exquisite, in my opinion, michelin star standard. The staff are knowledgable and incredibly efficient, and the live jazz added a touch of class to a truly romantic evening.

A must do in new york

New York City, New York
“Fish”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

fresh and in a historic building - make sure to ask about the ghosts

New Jersey
“overpriced”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have to say, this place has a cozy atmosphere, good service and good food. That being said, I think the place is way overpriced. I have eaten in some of the most expensive restaurants in New York, I appreciate great food and I am willing to pay for it but the food here just wasn't worth the price. We went last Sunday and found we were limited to their Valentines Day Prix Fixe for $95. ea, which seems like a lot but, if the food is fantastic, it would be worth it. The trouble is, the food is good, but not fantastic. The atmosphere is good but not great. The service was adequate, but not excellent. Each of the three courses was well prepared but very small. We left at the end of the evening $300. lighter and still hungry.

• Visited February 2012