“Authentic German”
Review of Reichenbach Hall

Reichenbach Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Reichenbach Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,636 of 15,760 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: NYC's #1 German Restaurant and BeerHall located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, 2 blocks from Macy's and the Empire State Building. We accept all major credit cards.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very good authentic German Food. Great German beer! A real find in NYC for German food lovers. A fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were staying at a hotel on the same block. This was just a fun experience. Huge place with nothing fancy but they did have very nice and large bar. Both nites we got there after the kitchen had closed but did get to eat a couple of huge German pretzels. The locals were playing darts and several drinking games.

The beer as one would expect was very good. My wife and I both like German pilsners and lagers.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I liked it so much, I visited again the next day.

This is an authentic Bier Hall in NYC instead of Germany. Lots of German beer on tap including my favorite: Franziskaner Weissbier. They even have the 1 litre bier steins.

The bratwurst was flavorful. The authentic German potato salad had the perfect amount t of vinegar.

The bartender Adam was attentive and knowledgeable. He said the apple strudel was amazing. It was!

Will be coming here again on my next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife and I went on St. Patrick's Day after seeing a show. Our Open Table reservation was promptly honored at a nice table in the front. Service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. Outstanding selection of German beers in two sizes. Very large portions and everything was great. My wife said that the ladies room was lacking adequate paper supplies, a big negative, but it was a busy afternoon on a holiday. We will definitely go back. Easy walk from the theater district and then back to Penn Station.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Food was good, but the service was non existent. Wasn't able to flag down the waitress for a refill. Didn't even have a knife to eat with. My spouse tried to order what he wanted, waitress came back and said they don't have that. Pointed to something more expensive on the menu, which included sides my spouse wouldn't eat. Half way through our meal the table next to us got served what my spouse originally wanted. Quite upsetting to say the least. When we were done eating, the plates were taken away, we sat for more than 30 minutes and still no check. Absolutely couldn't wait to get out of there. Really a shame because the food was good. No way I would ever go back there again though. I never complain, but this was a horrible experience.