“Brilliant ! Go there.”

Ranked #771 of 14,901 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you love musicals combined with good, reasonably priced, New York style food and a fun atmosphere then this is the place to go. All waiting staff are trained singers and all aspire to get a role on Broadway. So what they do between serving is 'sing their hearts out'. And sing they can ! Somehow they still manage to provide better service than restaurants where waiters just serve - and very friendly too. A real Broadway show atmosphere that starts with breakfast in the morning and goes right through to the evening.
Be prepared though to queue for an hour or so before you get in. It's well worth it though.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went here for breakfast. As this place is always busy we arrived at an time I thought was early 08.00 to be met by a queue of about 50 that had already formed. The queue got even longer as we were waiting. Don’t expect to turn up and walk straight in as we see some try to do. What I thought was good was that the staff regularly walked down the line asking for groups of 4 or 2 etc so some people do get lucky - this is such a great system as it avoids say parties of 3 taking up 4 seats for example. The breakfast is nice although a bit overpriced however the pancakes are amongst the best I’ve ever had. The staff entertain you with their singer throughout the day and most of it is of a good standard. Well worth a visit when in NY.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stardust diner is really good, the voices is incredible and the shows they put on is something else! The only downfall I had was my waitress, I don’t think she was a waitress, I think she works behind the bar as we sat at the bar and ate or food, she never listened to what me and my partner ordered and was rude about it. The food was lovely though, onion rings were a bit cremated but, I would return though!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had heard the hype and been recommended this place by a few people before we travelled to NYC.

It was fun and the staff are all very talented. Was so entertaining.

We went for breakfast and had to queue for around 40 minutes which isn’t too bad a wait for this place. While we were in line we did hear that if you are in a large group, especially with kids, they will seat you quicker without having to join the line (Top Tip!) - Just pop in and let the front desk know.

Food was average, we went for the Corned beef hash (which isn’t anything like what we have in the UK!) and the Bacon, egg and cheese roll with tater tots, both OK -No complaints but you definitely come here more for the experience!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Although we had to wait just over 2 hours to get in, we weren’t disappointed. The food isn’t amazing but loved the everyone who made our evening great. I definite must when visiting the Big Apple