“Old-style Italian on Upper East Side”
Review of Mezzaluna

Mezzaluna
Ranked #2,092 of 14,211 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Wonderful place, outstanding pasta, good selection
of Italian wine ranging from a northern sauvignon
blanc to a fine super Tuscan. I had the fusilli with
spicy sausage (nice sauce) and the lemon sorbet
for dessert. Both left good feelings plus nice
ambience for the restaurant -- my recommendation
would be to sit in the rear if you want a sense of the
restaurant as a whole. Service was perfect. Make a
reservation by phone if possible -- on a week night
easy to walk in at 6:30, but packed by 7:30 with a
long wait.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

The service at this neighborhood Italian restaurant is spot on. The Thai waiter has been there since two years before the place opened in 1984 and you can tell he enjoys his job. Buffalina pizza was enjoyable as was the mezzaluna salad and the pasta. The chocolate affogato was welcome comfort food along with the complimentary taste of tiramisu.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

After attending the "Mikado", I stopped by during a pretty strong snow storm for a bowl of soup. The restaurant continues to be beautiful, with a large collection of mezzaluna paintings on the wall, attentive and helpful service, and excellent cleanliness in the men's room.

The menu looks very inviting,and I plan to stop by again for a bigger meal.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

My family and I first went to Mezzaluna when it first opened in 1984. The space is tight and could get cramped if sold out. My dad and I had dinner this past week, and I got to meet the manager and owner as my dad is a regular to the upper east side location.

The Moretti beer was so cold and delicious I wanted more. We shared the eggplant melanzane then we each had a pasta. Though our food came out longer then expected it made up for it with taste.

You will not be disappointed with any of their dishes, Go but get there early as it tends to fill up fast.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We haven't eaten here since we moved overseas and away from the upper east side in 06. This first visit since then was not disappointing. The pizza was just as good. The pasta and seafood were also as we remembered. We're glad we made the visit back.