“Great place to have breakfast with everything prepared fresh from Fairway Market”
Review of Fairway Cafe

Fairway Cafe
Ranked #1,148 of 15,760 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We stay across the street from Fairway Market at the Hotel Beacon when we're visiting NYC and one of the perks is being able to get fresh everything at almost any time of day. Rather than eat take-out bagels and lox we decided to try the upstairs cafe and we're not disappointed. With everything offered super fresh from the downstairs market we had a great breakfast without having to wait too long. Do be prepared for a wait at peak times.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Interesting, trendy decor, great menu and very pleasant service. Good vegetarian options and wine/beer list. Located above a famously well-stocked grocery store and right across the street from our hotel.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Just wonderful.
Tasty, large serving, great coffee ( hard to find in the U.S ) and good price.
The decor is quite trendy as well. Warm feeling when you walk in.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

sometimes one gets to experience first hand the benefits of good management and the consequences of poor leadership -- hard to fathom how a fabulous emporium like Fairway could have a wonderful cafe on the second floor of its upper West Side Broadway store with such poor service -- almost without exception -- scratch that, without exception -- every single server, cashier, person behind the bakery counter, was rude, curt, patronizing, nasty -- happily we did not take it personally as we saw other guests treated the same way -- it made for great comedy -- hopefully the management will sit where we sat on a Sunday afternoon and ask themselves why people are so short tempered! in any event, it's a shame because the kitchen turns out terrific brunches -- maybe they should come out and do the serving as well!

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Went there for Brunch one day before Mother's Day. Got there at 11:30am and the host sat us promptly and immediately gave us menus and asked if we'd like to begin with coffee. So far, perfect! Then our waiter came over, moving at the speed of an injured turtle. He could not have been more slow and less attentive, not to mention uncaring, hard of hearing and obviously not in need of any tips. Our order was given within five minutes of being seated, which should have been encouraging, unfortunately, the food didn't arrive for 20 minutes and it was completely incorrect on all accounts, cold and included bacon on top of my girl friends pancakes and cold scrambled eggs. (she's vegetarian, kosher, ordered eggs over easy, not scrambled and didn't order toast, even though it arrived on the plate) My breakfast was cold, hard and uneatable scrambled eggs as well as cold greasy bacon. Even an inexperienced waiter would have looked at this unappealing plate of food and refused to bring it out to the table. I tried to get his attention for almost 5 minutes to ask him to bring us something eatable but he wasn't to be found. The manager was seating people and extremely busy so we couldn't bother him. I was confident that our waiter would show eventually and fix the problem. I was wrong. I gave up, looked at my display plate of cold hardened food and finally, after 8 minutes (I timed it) another waiter came to the table and asked us if we wanted anything else. I was about to tell him the problem when my girlfriend blurted out, just give us the check and let us get out of here. NORMALLY, the waiter would have picked up on our moods, tone of voice and untouched food on the plate and asked what the problem was. Instead, he took the plates and put down the check. $27.00, not including tip. BTW, our coffee was luke warm from the moment it hit the cup, the one time he filled it. I have bragged about this place for years. I have never had a bad meal at Fairways Café. I have never had terrible service and an uncaring staff. I was embarrassed more than angry. Wrong order, terrible food and unbelievably lazy service. That's my review. We went to Zabar's, grabbed a bagel and coffee and sat outside on a bench and enjoyed the young couples holding hands and smiling.