“I love their lomo saltado and seco”

Flor De Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #1,805 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Flor de mayo has great Peruvian dishes (also Peruvian beer!). I'm Peruvian and living in NYC so I'm always looking for Peruvian food, and I'm very picky. Their lomo and seco are two of my favorites!
They also serve seafood and Chinese food. They are also good. Totally recommend.
Alcoholic drinks aren't that great...so, it's best to get a beer or non alcoholic drinks

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Good food and nice atmosphere at very reasonable prices. I'm not familiar with Peruvian cuisine, so I have no idea how authentic those are, but can definitely recommend the Peruvian courses.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Hardly elegant, Flor De Mayo is still a fine choice for a solid meal, generous-sized portions and reasonable prices. The place is always busy and understandably so --- like Chinese food? Check. Like Mexican food? Check. Like reasonable prices, large portions and fast service? Check, check, check.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal at Flor de Mayo. We ended up sticking to the Peruvian dishes as they were more interesting for us. The Pollo a la Brasa and the Lomo Saltado were excellent and reasonably priced, the service was quick and courteous, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was good. We would certainly return.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I had the chance to visit and found the food was excellent and the service was attentive. I visited with my wife and we both ate from the Peruvian entrees towards the back of the menu. She ordered the Lomo Saltado and I ordered the Aji de Gallina, both were very good. As an appetizer we had the Papas Arequipeñas which were fantastic and some Peruvian beer. I had a great time and I can't wait to go there again.