“Relaxing and Friendly Atmosphere”
Review of Once Upon a Tart

Once Upon a Tart
Ranked #76 of 389 Bakeries in New York City
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Description: Beloved by the community since its inception, Once Upon a Tart is a bakery, coffee shop, cozy neighborhood restaurant, and caterer spread between two historic storefronts on Sullivan Street in New York City. One storefront holds all of our classic baked goods and a coffee shop. The other side is a full-service restaurant with home-style cooking in a casual setting.
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I just love this place! I go every time I visit New York. I stayed in Soho and this is by far my favourite place to enjoy a morning coffee and a croissant. I've also had a full breakfast there and it is second to none. I've met the owner Mike and he is always friendly and takes the time to make his customers feel welcome.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My mother and I recently ate breakfast here on a weekend trip to the city, and we fell in love with this place. We were the first to arrive and the employees were very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is very classic and cozy.The food was delicious, as was the coffee. We will definitely return someday!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We were treated very badly by a male staff. He was so rude that we ordered only a round of drinks and left. I wonder why service in NY is bad in general. This is place in particular is the worst I've ever been.

1  Thank Nelson G
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast on June 6th, but were quite disappointed with the service. The waitress was not friendly and never give us a smile. The food was average and the coffee was not warm. Not impressed. You should find a better place in NY to have breakfast.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I am in New York for a week on business and I love a good cafe wherever I go. And this cafe, Once Upon A Tart, is simply superb. I have been four times in three days and the cakes are great, the savoury scones superb, the sweet scones brilliant and the chocolate muffin sublime. And the coffees are superb, too. And I will spend the rest of my week in NY going to this place!