“Outstanding Seafood - Outstanding Greek - Fabulous Night Out”
Review of Thalassa

Thalassa
Reserve with OpenTable
Thalassa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,847 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Greenwich and Hudson Street
Transit: 1 Train to Franklin Street A, C, E to Canal Street
Reviewed 17 February 2018

The seafood here is amazing - both the display and the finished, presented dishes. Our waiter escorted us to the ice beds which displayed the seafood offerings and walked us through the entire day's catch. The quality and freshness of the seafood was evident and the special "tour" made the entire process delightful. The service is exactly as you'd expect at a white-linen place in NYC - superb. The lighting, decor, furnishings and wall/ceiling treatments fabulous. It was a wonderful night out because the restaurant. I'm definitely going back.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are long-term Tribeca residents (we literally live down the block from Thalassa) and enthusiastic foodies. So for us, Thalassa is a neighborhood go-to for dinner, but is a restaurant we would definitely travel to.

The cuisine is very authentic, fish is the speciality of the house (but don’t get me talking about the lamb chops), and the wine list is one of the better Greek selections in NYC—love, love, love the Assyrtiko. The service is consistently impeccable. Our waiter and somm this evening, Madison, really provided white glove service.

And oh by the way, the 3 course tasting menu is a delicious and divine deal that you shouldn’t miss. It would be a sin not to indulge in the yogurt martini for dessert.

Go enjoy.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

If you want more than that, I don't know what to say. But, it isn't a 5* experience. The featured dessert (kind of a creme brulee in phyllo) was soggy (albeit tasty), but that was the only flaw. Also, they handled a group of 15 pretty well. I'd happily go back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to Thalassa on numerous occasions and have been very pleased with each dining experience. It is ideal spot for birthday dinners or a romantic date. The restaurant always seems intimate to me even when each table is occupied.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Very nice atmosphere! That's what impressed me the most. High ceilings, big space, flowing curtains. There was an area near the bar where they put out their fresh seafood produce in ice. The bathroom is in a wine cellar area. Candles everywhere. I saw photos promoting event hosting at Thalassa, and I understand why - it's a neat space! I had a voucher I purchased from TravelZoo, so I wasn't sure what I was getting into with the food. We ordered the seafood combination entree and the black sea bass. Well prepared. Not the best, best I've had, but it was good and fresh. Our waiter brought us dessert wine, on the house. On our way out the door, they gave us a bottle or water and a little bag of cookies. Small touches that made for a great experience.