“5 Stars”

Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC
Ranked #218 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had an excellent stay and experience at Hotel Gansevoort. Aside from the perfect location in the heart of Meatpacking District and an awesome rooftop pool, the Hotel guest services and accommodations were exceptional. The rooms are spacious and clean. The Hotel management team was effective and efficient and went out of their way to make sure my stay was stress free. A runner named Omar even helped me take care of a shoe mishap over the weekend. I am an avid traveler, and I can honestly say that this is one of the best and most fun hotels I have ever stayed at. Most highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Jessica F,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for your in depth post about Hotel Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your experience and that our team have contributed in making it fantastic. As a brand we pride our self on the qualities that you verbalized here. Thank you again and please stop by soon! We look forward to greeting your next stay with us!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The staff at Gansevoort in the Meatpacking District was almost overly friendly. The staff made me and my middle class girlfriend from the Midwest feel like VIP's.

I highly recommend this location for young socialites.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Kyle H,

What a lovely review!! We are thrilled that you adored your latest experience and that our team has contributed in making it fantastic. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our property and the fact that you enjoyed!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was visiting my daughter for a couple of days and we had a wonderful time. We stayed together and were very comfortable in our room. I was concerned it might be noisy because of the rooftop bar on the top floor but it was not noisy at all. We had drinks both nights outside in the curbside restaurant tables and that was just perfect for us. Everyone was very efficient and nice and clearly available to help with anything we needed. The only thing to mention to the hotel is that the airconditioning is kind of loud. The location was great for us. It is walking distance to many delicious restaurants. I will absolutely stay there in the future whenever I visit my daughter who lives around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Michele r,

We would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback! Your daughter has picked an exceptional neighborhood to reside to! As for your time with us, we are so happy that you enjoyed our property and the neighborhood surrounding! We always enjoying reading a great review and yours certainly was! Thank you so much for taking the time to document your advice to the Trip Advisor community - we hope to have you and your daughter back soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I just completed a great week long stay at this property. As someone who frequents NYC on a monthly basis for business, i can honestly say that this location will now be added to my repertoire of fantastic hotels south of midtown.

The staff was very attentive, and always on hand each morning to help me flag down a cab during rush hour. I never had to wait for more than a minute or so...and at 8am, no less.
Also- this hotel can get very busy at night, with the great bar on the roof, and yet at the same time, the staff made me feel welcome as I breezed past the roped off area and into elevators on my way to my room after a long day or work and dinners.

I do enjoy god in room amenities, and both the hard and soft product were great. One feature, I really did appreciate, was that the mini-bar was packed full of goodies, but not overstuffed- allowing me to bring home a half open bottle of wine from dinner one night, without needing a degree in geometry to find space.

Downstairs gym and workout area were well appointed, and the extra space for abs and yoga was great to have during staffed hours. As an early riser- it was nice to see not very many people using the facilities around 6a,

Free Wifi throughout the hotel was nice- and very fast. I was able to run both my iPad and phone without an issue.

I will definitely return to this hotel soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Danny D,

Thank you for the incredible review! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us, especially being from a business perspective. We find that due to our location in the Meatpacking District, we attract a party going crowd. We love to accommodate all different types of travelers however it is extremely exciting for us to read a review from a different perspective! Thank you so much for staying with us and writing about your experience! We can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Our experience at this hotel was amazing. The hotel was beautiful, clean and the perfect location for our trip into NYC. Our room was on the 11th floor, with a view of the Hudson river that was gorgeous. The rooftop bar was something that everyone should experience. The drinks were worth the price since they don't skimp on the liquor. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was hot when it arrived and delicious. We also liked that we were able to specify the time that we wanted the food to arrive, and that was precisely when our food did arrive. We cannot wait to come back for another stay at Hotel Gansevoort.

• Stayed: June 2012
Hotel_Gansevoort, Social Media Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Victoria-Beth,

Thank you so much for your in depth post about our property. We specifically love the comments made about the rooftop as we believe everyone should experience this as well! We appreciate you taking the time to share your review as guest feedback is a very valuable to us. Please let us know about the next time you will be staying with us, we would love to make next time even better!