5,091 results
All reviews freedom tower the financial district wtc site the world trade center ground zero brooklyn bridge lower manhattan path train battery park construction noise new york wall street indoor pool junior suite statue of liberty corner room directly across the street
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Overlooking ground zero, extremely convenient transportation with subway and Path train within 1 block. Clean modern decor. Quite room in spite of nearby construction. View of Hudson River. Nice lobby bar. Helpful staff. Restaurant onsite.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Really disliked not being able to check in until 4PM. The room was a nice size but the bathroom could use an update, especially the tub area. The shower head was bent and there was zero water pressure. Still, I've stayed in a lot worse in NYC. The location is very good for theatre goers.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I visited New York for the first time on business and stayed at the Millenium. It was incredibly convenient for me in terms of location and everything about the experience was ... ok. I arrived in advance of my trip and paid for one night myself and as I am travelling from Asia-Pacific, I found the price very high for what the place offered - I've no doubt this was in keeping with normal New York prices. The location of the hotel is great and is right next to a subway station, which is excellent news for amateurs like me.

I had read reviews that said that the noise from the 9/11 memorial being built next door was intrusive and luckily I had a room on the 29th floor, so this was not an issue for me. The hotel is older and obviously a classic from it's time, but it's looking a little dated now and the rooms are incredibly small - again, this is likely in keeping with most of New York.

As with most US establishments, the staff were adequate, but wanted a tip for simply performing their job. I don't mind tipping the guy who lugs your cases up to your room and gives you an overview of the hotel and surroundings, but I do resent the long face when you don't hand over a couple of dollars to the guy who opens the door. However, for the most part, the staff were friendly and polite - especially the Concierge desk. The food was fine and the selection pretty good.

Overall I was not unhappy with my stay in New York, but it doesn't really compare in terms of value for other places. It is a wonderful town though and the 9/11 memorial next door was amazing.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room up as high as you can get to stay away from the construction noise around the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Working in a hotel myself I obviously have a bias opinion when it comes to hotels. However, a hotel is a hotel as far as I'm concerned....rooms, as long as they're clean and pretty are great, which here they definately were. The location is great and the hotel itself is nice, the staff hoever were incredibly robotic and cold. From the desk staff at check in, when we called regarding pool hours, the bartenders, and the lobby greeter( man standing near elevators in suit?) Everyone was incredibly cold and very unpersonable and for me that is the most important aspect of a hotel. So I rate the hotel itself a 4 and the staff a 1. I couldn't honestly even tell u one employees name because they didn't leave a good impression at all.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank tjsampone
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We love this hotel for many reasons but mainly because of its location. By day it's hustle bustle because it looks directly over the World Trade Center site and the many tourists that visit it. Ask for a room on a high floor. The view of the Freedom Tower and the two memorial fountains are inspiring. Being on a high floor eliminates any construction noise going on. Our room was very quite. The massive Century 21 department store is right next store and is the place to shop in NY for quality name brand clothing, much of it european imports, at fantastic discounts! Back to the location- many major subway lines stop right outside the door of the hotel. The E train will get you to Greenwich Village in three stops, Penn Station and Times Square in no time. SoHo is also easy to get to. Wall street is a short walk. After dark the crowds disappear. The night view of WTC is very special. We felt safe at all times.The rooms are clean and spacious by NY standards.The public area is small but inviting. Avoid valet parking at the hotel- $55 a day! We've stayed here many times and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple