“Great tapas and cocktails”
Review of Lea Wine Bar

Lea Wine Bar
Ranked #6,016 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Very nice decoration, good atmosphere, warm service, great tapas selection, very yummy, excellent cocktails, a perfect place to begin a night out!

Reviewed 11 March 2016

In town for a bacelorette party, stopped in to have dinner and had to wait at least 2 hours to get half of the food that we ordered and still had to pay for everything even though 2 ladies did not even get there meals. Staff was incredibly RUDE even the manager. I have never been to a restaurant where the staff treated customers this poorly I mean this restaurant needs a serious customer service lesson. Would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you like paying out the A for food that you never get and rude waiters! Save your money, better service at McDonalds!

LeaLoungeNYC, Owner at Lea Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Brittany.
We are very sorry to read your negative review although it does not come as a great surprise. I was the "manager" who assisted you and I also happen to be the owner of Lea. Firstly, I am sorry your experience at Lea did not contribute positively to your bachelorette gathering. However, I feel the need to address a few points about your review.
You were advised by your server that given the size of your sushi order, it would take extra time for preparation. Sushi items are delivered as they are prepared to avoid leaving the fish out at room temperature for too long. Upon your complaints, we offered your whole group a round of Prosecco which you seemed to have enjoyed.
Because of the wait time, you decided to cancel some items and the server removed them from your check. When you claimed with the server (and myself) that you were being overcharged, I showed you your actual receipt and the tab of the items that were removed from your check. I can assure you, you were NOT overcharged.
I tried to understand your qualm. However, I had the impression that short of comp-ing your entire check, you would not have been satisfied.
I hope the rest of your evening fared better.

PS - we take great pride in the quality of our food and service and we believe we are a healthier choice than McDonalds!

Mario

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Drinks, tapas, service were all great. Loved decor and location at Grand Central. Truffle fries were scrumptious. Loved everything I tasted. Satays, Flatbread with prosciutto, sliders....all yummy...but truffle fries.....awesome

Reviewed 15 January 2016

My partner and i where in NYC for 5 nights, we found this little gem on the second night as it was very close to out hotel, it was a Friday night but relatively quiet, we where quickly seated and within 3 mins of ordering the cocktails they where there,,, the food didn't take much longer and it was AMAZING! TRY THE TRUFFLE CHIPS!.... I had to go back, which we did and the place was to my disappointment very busy,,, It didn't matter, we where given a table within 15 minutes, the service was as quick and the food was just as good.... Highly recommend!

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

This place is out the back of grand central station. It is low lit and a nice place to just have a drink and some snacks after a long day of shopping. The cheese platter was lovely with artisanal cheeses. The meatballs were lovely too. The music wasn't too loud so you could speak to each other and the servers were attentive. We unfortunately took a table near the bathrooms so avoid going to the tables on the right hand side otherwise you see people going in and out and there are only 2 to choose from.