All reviews times square bar restaurant attached cupcakes great location new york rooms are small penthouse suite no natural light last minute trip subway station pull out couch boutique hotel bed and pillows nice bathroom coffee maker in the room would definitely stay here again ironing board
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Rooms are very small due to space in NY but it was very clean and up to date. Beds were comfortable and location is right on Times Square and close to everything. I walked most of the trip walking about 6 miles a day.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pena33
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I recently stayed at Hotel Shocard with my 3 teenagers. I stayed 1 night and I wished I had stayed 2 nights. The location was perfect and in the middle of all of the fun action!We were within blocks of Times Square. The tour bus was only a block away. My teenagers had a blast. The room had comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. It met all our needs. Arlene at the front desk was accommodating and kind. She locked up our suitcases/belongings in a closet and allowed us to get things as we needed them the next day. (We didn't have a room at the hotel the next day but Arlene went above and beyond her duty making us feel welcome after we had already checked out!) So, thank you Arlene and thank you Hotel Shocard!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My parents had the pleasure of staying here during their visit (I live in the city and my NYC apartment is too small to accommodate guests). The staff at the Hotel Shocard made them feel incredibly welcome and at home during their stay. From the modern yet comfortable design, to the fabulous room amenities, to the delicious restaurant downstairs, we could not have asked for a better experience. The hotel could not be more conveniently located as it is nestled in the heart of Times Square, yet the friendly, attentive staff and design of the hotel provided a calm, luxurious place for them to rest and call home for their week long stay. We were incredibly pleased with our experience with the Hotel Shocard and cannot recommend it enough!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rachel L
Alicia L, Manager at Hotel Shocard at Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Rachel L,
Thanks for the review! We all know too well the challenges of living in NYC. Consider us your 2nd home!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Stayed 6 nights with my 13 year old son, it was for us both our first visit to NYC. Staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and always smiling. Hotel is clean, shower is clean. EXCELLENT LOCATION!!! These people really treat you right, and Gleason's next door is a great place to have a drink and quick bite to eat. Rooms are little small, but then again, I heard all the rooms in Manhattan are small.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Jim L,
Thanks for choosing us for your first trip to NYC! We love showing visitors how friendly New Yorkers really are.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The location was very good near the metro and Braodway and Times Square.
The rooms were small, but very clean, and al thigs you need were there.
Very kindly personnel.
You can have breakfast downstairs, in the bar/restaurant.
For customers from the hotel can have breakfast against reduced price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

keesanjavantuijl,
Thanks for the review! While space is always a challenge in Manhattan, we're glad to hear that you had everything you needed and then some.