“A clean and quiet hotel in the heart of it all!”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #174 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here for a day before catching my cruise from Manhattan. I entered the Millenium hotel thinking that my check-in was there but it was just around the corner as the hotels are joined. Monique, the front desk clerk was so professional, nice and accommodating--- I was not sure at the time if I wanted to stay on the Premier side or the Millenium side, so she let me view the rooms on each so I could make my choice. Without a doubt I preferred the Premier side simply because the lobby was so quiet and intimate.

The room impressed me greatly for New York City! It was quite large, had floor to ceiling windows and a nice view. I could even see the Times Square ball as I arrived just six days after New Year's. The furnishings were modern, sturdy and the room sparkling clean. There was a nice sized closet with ironing board and iron and unlike many hotels I have used in New York-- this one had a nice large private bathroom--no sharing!

There was no noise at all, even from the street below. The lounge was wonderful for the cocktail hour and for the nice breakfast in the morning. Some people are not concerned about breakfast but I will admit that it was nice to just get up and not have to worry about searching for a place close by. I just hopped into the elevator and got out at the lounge and there it was, brekkie:)

What I was most impressed by, other than the excellent service by Monique, was that the elevators were secure. Each guest had to use his/her room card to get the elevators to work so this extra layer of security felt great in a large city.

Location is excellent. Though steps away from Times Square, it is just off the main street so traffic noise is not an issue.

There really was nothing wrong with this place and the only complaint I could conjure up, and this is minor, is that the room did not have wireless. The lounge did so I often popped down there to check my email but that would be the only downside.

I so enjoyed my stay there that I am planning a long weekend sometime in the Spring!

Room Tip: Floors from 10 up will have a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TorontoRobDT

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Travel with 2 young kids alone during July, was told by front desk kids were not allowed to go to Breakfast Area during the snacks time and I did not see anywhere in the Hotel Web Page mention about it at all.
Strange thing happened again when I was 2nd in line during the check out, the front desk just ignored me and talk to a man with business suit just step out from the elevator who said he was in a rush. Noone even said a word to me if I mind to let to this man to do the check out first
So my conclusion is Businessman welcome and family with kids sucks..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Lun100
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The room was clean. Not a bad location for the price. Expedia was a bit misleading in that we understood we were staying at the millenium broadway (which is next door). No free wireless. We waited a long time to check in and were generally unimpressed. The buffet breakfast turned out to be very "continental" with no option to upgrade what so ever, so having paid an extra $14 for a danish, we weren't thrilled.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberleyp3
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This hotel was sold to me by my travel agent. I was however told this would be the Millenium Hotel Broadway and not the adjacent Premier Hotel. What a mistake this turned out to be.
I arrived in the room 1022. There was a loud noise coming from the outside as if a plane was passing. This didnt go away and when I looked out of the window there was this huge unit which I believe to be an air conditioning unit in front of my window, but belonging to a building opposite. There really is no excuse for a hotel to sell you a room at 230 Dollars without making mention of this. This price just is not low enough to make up for that infernal noise which allows you no sleep. As far as I could gather the room 1022 had two ajacent rooms. I presume any room ending in 22 has the same noise issue so avoid at any cost. This is if you must go here.

The complimentary breakfast (which may be an attempt to make amends for your lack of sleep) was ok: croissant, coffee, juice, toasts and bagels. Basic but consumed in more upmarket surroundings than usual for this type of breakfast.

The concierge service was appaling by the way. A guy called Joey was not the brightest. He was unable to answer simple questions about how to get to the airport by public transport without resorting to asking a colleague and even so, both were rather disinterested. Still I left an undeserved tip. They were also playing loud house music when there were no customers around. The team seemed bored. The receptionist, Vivienne, was nice and professional but beneath it all she might be fed up with this low class of hotel trying to position itself as belonging to the classy one next to it which boast a far more attractive decor and presumably clientele.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I love it here. It is not the Renaissance or the Sofitel, my favorite ($$$) mid-town hotels, but the modern room furnishings and clean style of the Premier are very appealing. Check-in is very classy and, best of all it is very quiet and private. The location could hardly be better.

Rooms are clean, service is friendly - there's little not to like. The morning breakfast buffet area would be more functional if there were tables or other accomodations for coffee cups, plates and cereal bowls, and I wish it would open at 6:30 rather than 7:00 a.m., but the selection is wonderful and the quality of the food is very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business