“The Premier Hotel - great place to be if you want to feel the beat of NYC”

The Premier Times Square by Millennium
Ranked #183 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Springfield, Massachusetts
“The Premier Hotel - great place to be if you want to feel the beat of NYC”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I found this hotel through affiliate of Orbitz for a reasonable price (for NYC standards). This was my 6 years old first overnight stay in New York and this hotel had great location on the heart of everything. Since we arrived around 10 am we were able to use the option to leave our luggage until the normal check in time and still not missing on the sightseeings either.
The staff was very polite and helpful to us. Great perk was the complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres between 5 and 7 and the breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, muffins, yogurt, juice and coffee. I mean how many things are free in New York! The hotel room key is the only way to use the elevator, which is a nice thought for the guests and their safety.
Our room was pretty nice with a modern flair. I found our room to be spacious for New York standards and very quiet considering that the hotel is few hundred feet from Time's square. Bathroom is nice and big with separate shower and bath tub. It was clean,but I will suggest to try to clean better underneath the glass counter and the shower tiles. From the amenities what every room should be equipped ours did not had the bathrobe, but it was not something I really needed anyway. Also, there was a nice choice of teas and coffee in the room.You might consider that if you apply for their hotel rewards card on site you will be entitled for 2 complimentary items from the bar in your room.
I need to thank personally Patrick from the concierge staff who despite that was at the end of his shift spend extra time with my son to make him feel welcomed. I also need to thank the security who was able to come quickly and resolve a little glitch with the security safe caused by my lovely kid (lesson learned - never forget the code lol).
I highly recommend this boutique hotel to all. Personally, I am already looking to reserve the same hotel in September for a Broadway trip.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Polina67
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 22 May 2011

The location was great and despite how close the hotel is to all the action, it's pretty quiet inside.

While we had one of the better rooms in the hotel, it still wasn't particularly great.
* The complimentary breakfast is cold and pretty bland. It seems like it's hosted in a spare room, pretty plain.
* The rooms look a little tired around the edges.
* While the hotel was ok, it really didn't seem worth + $400 p/n

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and it's a great location if you want to be near Time Square.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arbnation
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This is the most private hotel I've stayed at in NY. The decor is very modern and very clean. The room feels like the Sofitel a couple blocks away with a couple exceptions. As others have noted the staffing is very light as they service from the Millenium hotel, next door through a theatre lobby. No restaurant, no gift shop, but a nice lounge on the mezzanine with a good, free breakfast in the morning and drinks & snacks after work.

Great location, great corporate rate, I really like it. Two small issues - the showers are really small and a little primitive, hidden behind the door, and sometimes I haven't been able to get hot water in the morning, only warm. Second, the TV's are set up with a funky aftermarket remote control/receiver that works quite poorly. No channel flipping here - you can only input one signal every 30 seconds or so, very annoying. All in all, I'm very happy to stay here when I'm in the city.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 December 2010

My travel agent booked me to this hotel for a conference. Very nice private entry and clean room with a good concierge floor. Bathroom looked a little tired for a $425/night. Great location right outside Times Square.
However, when I finally fell into bed at 12:30, the bottom sheet was 6 inches too short! The mattress pad was showing at the bottom of the bed! Now for a hotel like this not to have sheets that fit the bed! I get better linens from a motel 6. I was too tired to deal with it. I spoke with the receptionist the next morning and after 2 attempts to talk to the head of housekeeping, nobody was available to address my concern. No apology or offer of compensation. Of all the hotels in Manhattan, I advise choosing another one or check the sheets before you collapse into bed!

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank J_B0219
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We loved this simple hotel. The free breakfast is offered weekdays and was perfect before heading out to see the sights. All staff was courteous though hands off. If there is a concierge, we not see him. The hotel seemed more private, very low key, hardly saw any other people there. We were pleased with our room and the free upgrade to a king bed. The room was huge, not just huge for NYC, seriously huge. We had a great view of 44th street and even the flashing lights of Broadway. The room was clean, carpet was worn a bit-but who's complaining. We found the location to be perfect, just steps from the heart of Times Square and easy access to the subway. We had a 7 year old in tow and she had no troubles keeping pace. We felt safe and had no issues at all with the hotel. The elevator will not move without a room key-nice feature for women traveling alone. My daughter loved making tea for us at night-great perk after a long day on our feet. We got a great rate (for NYC) right off the website and we loved the couch in the room as it made a nice bed for the little one. Every request to housekeeping was met in minutes...We will definitely stay here again! Thanks Premier!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family