“Would be a 4 if we weren't spoiled”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #310 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wish I had written this review sooner while all of the details were still fresh.

I do recall not being overly impressed but it's based on having stayed in spacious luxury hotels and resorts. By NYC standards, the room was somewhat large, definitely not cramped.

It was the week of my birthday, which I mentioned to the front desk in passing. To my delight and surprise a bottle of red wine was delivered to the room. Thank you!!!

The front desk staff was nice and I was suppose to mention them by name, but I have forgotten. My husband however does remember the housekeeper Samantha. No darling, we cannot bring her home with us.

The positive attributes are property location, size of room and price for these attributes. There is a hot tub an an area that is quite serene. Staff are courteous and reasonably friendly. There is a piano room and a business area that has two computers, a printer and internet access. There is a cozy sitting area up fron that has coffee and looks out onto 42nd Street. There is a deli right across the street that has typical deli breakfast food.

Head west and you are in the heart of Times Square, which is quite lively at night.

Would I stay here again, yes? Do I plan to? No because I want to try something else. I would definitely stay in this corridor. If it is the lowest cost option, I would book it without hesitation.

Room Tip: overlooking the hot tub feels comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Felipe F, Director of Rooms at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good day Gina48220-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. We strive for excellence and am glad to read your birthday was memorable. Our staff ensures to go above and beyond, the red wine amenity was a small gift from us to you as a token of appreciation.

Please feel free to stop by for breakfast, lunch or dinner at our restaurant called, Eden Local. We have an intriguing menu that will be suitable for everyone. If you ever plan to visit the Big Apple, please reach out to me directly, I'll ensure another memorable stay.

felipe.f@cachetboutiquenyc.com

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

With all honesty, the following review was written after the hotel deducted 40% of the price. Reading the review though, will make you consider again.
We booked the room early enough because we got recommendations about the hotel and its facilities. The website showed a beautiful hotel with SPA and lounges. We also upgraded the room to a fancier room so we could enjoy the vacation spending a bit more than we usually do, as it was our wedding, and we wanted to celebrate it with our friends in NYC.
We arrived to a hotel with nothing.
The hotel was under heavy renovation for its rebranding to become "Cachet Boutique". Upon booking the room, and even when we got there- no one told us the hotel is basically shut down.
The hotel was known for its large lounges, spa area, and special vibe of relaxing in the middle of the city. Instead, we've experienced a construction site atmosphere everywhere, constant drilling and none of the spa or lounges available to relax in. Actually, being anywhere that is not the room was accompanied with a feeling of disturbing the staff with the work done.
No where were we alerted about the changes at the hotel, up until we arrived.
At some point a huge plastic wall was set up to prevent access to a certain part of the hotel.
As for the experience of what was available- The hotel sends a "pre check in" email. As the first full day there was our wedding day, we asked for two empty champaign glasses so we can have our champaign to celebrate the special day. Even though we asked for it and completed the pre check in, it didn't happen. The days of staying at the hotel were hot sunny days in NYC. The AC in the room was noisy and impossible to sleep nearby. When we asked the staff if there is something to do about it we were told "It's how it is".
Although we did not ask for much - Room service was slow, and everything left us with a bad taste of a bad experience.
We enjoyed the vacation not because of the hotel, but in spite of the dishonesty, bring us to a hotel that is not what promised on their website.
We paid 60% the original amount. Had I known it will be this way I would definitely use the free cancelation option and paid 0, as the feeling is as of a scam.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 821hanand

Good day 821hanand-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've encountered during the course of your stay. Indeed we are in the final phase of our cosmetic revamp that will be suitable for all our guests.

We added a diverse restaurant called, Eden Local, which has been intriguing location here in Hell's Kitchen. We are adding the finishing touches to our Jay Kos retail store that will bring have designer fabrics for everyone.

I would like to invite you back to Cachet Boutique Hotel on a one night complimentary stay. I will ensure a memorable visit, while being pampered with exemplary customer service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future reservations. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

The Cachet Boutique formerly known as The OUT is being transformed into a newer modern hotel with Asian flair. Our room was recently updated with new flooring, decor and color scheme.

The new restaurant Eden was fabulous with a new flair!

The hotel is still undergoing renovations, but we were barely there during the day, so it was not a problem.

The hotel staff is exceptional. Always friendly and accommodating!

Special thanks to Maria and Christopher!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good day Roxanne S-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. We strive for excellent customer service and am proud to have read, Maria and Chris were a part of it.

I would like to invite you back to our property and dine in our renowned restaurant called, Eden Local. A restaurant with flair that will be intriguing for everyone.

Whenever visiting the Big Apple, please ensure to call me directly for any future reservations. I'll ensure another memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

When we arrived for our anniversary we were greeted by three special individuals who made our stay spectacular, Roxy, Phoebe and Ro. Roxy and Phoebe insured we had the best accommodations on the property with meeting all of our special needs within the hotel and Ro ensured that we visited some of the best eateries and entertainment in the city. They were kind, accommodating, knowledgeable and paid close attention to customer needs and wants .... In addition they weren't aware just 3 weeks before this trip I lost my only sister so although we were filled with mix emotion on this trip after we departed, we where lifted from our lost and this Hotel stay has became a landmark for good times and awesome accommodations. I want to thank the entire staff for one of my greatest vacation ever!!!!

Room Tip: Speak to staff members Roxy,Phoebe or Ro they will get you straight every time
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good day herbjan59-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the newly renovated Cachet Boutique Hotel. We strive to provide exemplary customer service, I'm happy to read our team contributed to a memorable stay.

Whenever visiting the Big Apple, please stop by our renowned restaurant called, Eden Local. A restaurant with flair that's been intriguing for everyone. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at in my entire life. If you are considering staying here, I implore you to re-think your decision. Here’s why:

-Noise/Room Quality: The noise level at the hotel was extremely high. It became clear that their walls are not constructed with quality material because I could hear absolutely everything from my room. I heard the elevator (despite being far down the hall from it), people walking, people talking, people singing—everything. I could not enjoy peace and quiet in my own room. Also, to be clear, I was here while the hotel was under construction and that is NOT the noise that I am talking about. The construction noises only happened during the day and were not a problem. The issue is how the rooms are constructed. The only way I was able to get a full night’s rest was to: turn the fan setting on always on (drowned out some of the noise), and I had to wear headphones and listen to a loud “sleep” playlist on Spotify. The first night I tried to sleep peacefully and was unable until I used the method I outlined. This, above all, is the worst part of the hotel and the reason I would never stay here and I don’t recommend anyone stay here.

-Wi-Fi/Technology Issues: They did not have a good connection. At times it was spotty, other times it did not work at all. Also, they had serious issues with their room keys. Sometimes they would work, sometimes they did not.

-Lack of Amenities: This is a bare bones hotel. Tiny fridge, no microwave, no coffee maker, no real desk space.The person I was traveling with didn’t even have a hair dryer in her room. The one thing they made sure they had was plenty of overpriced minibar items- liquor, wine, snacks, an “intimacy kit”. Basically everything you didn’t want— nothing that you did. And despite me asking them to remove these items so that I didn’t get accidentally charged/ to clear room so I would have a little bit of space, I had these in my room the entire stay. They don’t even have a menu, list of restaurants, channel list, or anything in the room.

-Overall Vibe: The hotel has a certain type of vibe- the elevator is dark with strange spots of red all over the hotel. When you get to the floors everything is very dark black with random lighting that looks cheap. Some rooms have what appears to be a cool skylight in the middle of the room, but when you turn off all of the lights you see disgusting stains. There are also provocative- and downright strange framed pictures in every room.

This is a poorly and cheaply made “motel” trying to pass itself off as a cool, hip, trendy fancy boutique hotel. When I return to NYC for traveling I will make sure to stay at a more reputable hotel where I can get a good night’s sleep.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator and any passageway doors.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Felipe F, Director of Rooms at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Good day WavesandWine14-

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Out NYC soon transitioning to Cachet Boutique Hotel. I apologize for the experience you had with us, this truly not the norm. One of our upgrades with our new rooms is controlling our noise factor. Once completed this one not be a issue moving forward.

We are in the finishing touches of our cosmetic revamp, our re-brand is scheduled for the second week of November. The Restaurant called Eden, is now available for cocktails and dinner. Soon Eden will have a full service operation including breakfast, lunch together with in room dining.

If you would allow us to make this better, please reach out to me directly. I would guarantee a memorable stay in one of our newly upgraded, renovated rooms at a Managers discount. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

felipe.f@cachetboutiquenyc.com