“Sharing a quad”
Review of Cachet Boutique

Cachet Boutique
Ranked #310 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I spent two nights here in the $99 quad...dorm style bunks of a high fashion (full size beds) and met some wonderfully nice people. Price for NYC was GREAT...no hassles, no problems, gays, str8s and all the rest got along wonderfully. You should try it, if you want to remember your college days of fun and craziness while doing a hostel in Europe. Glad I stayed here.

Room Tip: If staying in quad...unless non blushing, prepare to dress in bathroom, gym locker room is co-ed, bu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kevin H
Keith F, Guest Relations Manager at Cachet Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Kevin H,

We are so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at THE OUT NYC. Additionally we love to hear such positive experiences from our very unique Sleep Share Accommodations.

It is our pleasure to provide all our guests with the most top of the line service whether it be during their stay in our suites, or the super affordable SLA rooms.

We look forward to hosting your next stay in NYC.

Very best,

Keith Frey

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We wanted to try something uptown and went for this "new" hotel that we heard about.
However - I would say that this is a motel in a hotel disguise...
The design lacks attention to details and makes it feel low budget...

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back yard - avoid the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrHB
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was my boyfriend and I's first visit to NYC together, and without a doubt, the OUT hotel was an outstanding place to stay! At first we didn't know what to expect as the advertising for this hotel seems as if it is targeted towards a strictly gay demographic. However, we were quick to notice that there were many different couples, friends and families who were staying here.

We were pleased to see that the staff was quite welcoming and accommodated our every need. The look of the hotel was very modern and extremely clean throughout. As you walk in to the hotel, you are greeted with the friendly staff and a hallway of art portraits along the walls. Attached is a bar restaurant and a club next door. I was worried that the noise from the music from the club would disturb our sleep, but being on the South side of the hotel, we weren't bothered at all... Plus, the hotel offers earplugs for those who can't sleep through it.

The room was great, perfect size for me and my boyfriend. It had a full minibar, desk, big screen TV, speedy WiFi, telephone with an iPod attachment that was able to charge our phones and play our music, and a three piece bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable- I wasn't able to get out of it each morning! The hotel itself had two iMac computers for guests to use, a big study room, two jacuzzis, a place inside the hotel with an open roof and a great gym.

Downfalls:
The shower did not have a door to it, so occasionally, our floors outside of the shower were a bit wet. Also, although we had our bed sheets changed everyday during our stay, we kept noticing several marks on the sheets- juice spills, and a couple drops of old blood. Some would probably have complained, but we ended up just turning over the pillows or using the others. No big deal. I'm sure that if we had called to the front desk, they would have had it changed for us immediately. My boyfriend and I planned to drink alcohol during our stay, so every night we bought some beers and wine from the nearby 7/11 or CVC/Pharmacy. However, in order to get ice for our drinks, we'd have to call down to the front desk and ask someone to bring us up a tub. We felt bad that we had to keep calling down, I'm sure everyone would have benefitted if there was an Ice Maker available to all guests.

Location:
The location of the hotel was awesome. Just about a 10 minute walk from Times Square! Also, there is a CVS/Pharmacy right on the corner of the street the hotel is located on. There's also a nearby 7/11 and places to eat that were open late.

I will definitely come back to stay the next time I'm in NYC!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side were definitely quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are furnished well, comfortable beds, free wi fi, quality linens and towels. The neighborhood is very safe as NYPD is right next door. The Staff is outstanding - very very helpful. Assisted me in getting my computer connected to their wifi, arranged for me to check in a bit early so I could change to go to a meeting. Always greeted me with a smile. The hotel has access directly to a restaurant and limited access to the club for hotel guests prior to 10 pm. The hotel also has computers in the lobby for guests to use.
This is a full servie hotel! I highly recommend it and I am travel extensively for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor -North side and it was very quiet-which is what I wanted!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My best friend and i are straight females and although the hotel is advertised and marketed to a completely different demographic, WE both stated, that THIS hotel is a hidden GEM, and plan on making it our new escape. Not only do you feel like you are in L.A and or Miami because just the floor plan is BREATH taking and everything is outside, but everyONE (and i never have been able to say EVERYONE) but every employee is amazing! always happy, smiling, accommodating, they really want you to enjoy your stay.
the rooms are beautiful and its just a NEW hotel experience.

We love the OUT and i can say you will as well

Room Tip: only thing, if your room is facing the street, and you have window open you will hear the traffic, i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends