“Swanky! Loved It!”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #265 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. I was afraid I would feel out of place since it's not in my typical price bracket (got travel advance from work!), but the service was always fantastic. Everyone was warm and welcoming. I checked in after midnight (much delayed flight) and received a free room upgrade. The guy also suggested I enroll in their Preferred Guest program so that I would receive free internet access. The furnishings were very modern and the linens made me finally understand the value of high thread count. The amenities were all lovely. I even got a complimentary bottle of water replaced whenever they turned down the room. The location was perfect for all my wanderings from Times Square to Central Park to the harbor. It's in the middle of EVERYTHING! If I ever get to go back, I will do everything in my power (and budget) to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed with another couple (separate rooms of course)! Enjoyed our time the staff was VERY helpful, friendly & professional. One room wasn't available because we checked I'm 3hours early but they let us relax in the clean room & sent a key up as soon as the other was ready!

They are doing construction but we did not hear anything or have any kind of disturbances during our stay!

Cons:
It's definetly not a dirty hotel it's just not the cleanest room or W ive stayed in. The bathroom probably could use a little remodeling soon!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Just got back from a fabulous weekend stay. First time staying in Times Square area and I admit I was a bit skeptical when my wonderful hubby of 20 years first suggested it. Having recently enjoyed a great stay at W Hotel in Austin, we decided to give this one a try, and I'm so glad we did!!

First off, the location of the hotel is excellent. We don't typically do much around Times Square, but it is centrally located in Manhatten, and it's very easy to catch a taxi right outside the hotel. We also enjoyed the Acura Experience with a great ride to Soho - highly recommend taking advantage of that amenity! Our room overlooked Times Square and while we were a bit concerned about the noise level initially, we were surprised that we heard very little at bedtime, no more than what you'd typically hear in the city. The room itself was very nice, the bed was soooo comfy - slept like a rock! Awesome Bliss products stocked in bathroom, much nicer than your typical hotel toiletry items. Blue Fin is highly recommended for breakfast - we had freshly squeezed OJ (yum yum!), pancakes, oatmeal, and I'm still dreaming about that delicious applewood smoked bacon...

As I mentioned, this trip was to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, and the staff could not have made it any more special. Upon checking in we received congratulations from the front desk, and they made us feel like a million bucks all weekend. Paola and Patrick are jewels and a fantastic asset to W Hotels. They, along with everyone at the hotel are so focused on their guests and you can really tell it is their pleasure to make sure you are well accomodated. I'd also like to mention Jennifer at the concierge desk who was extremely helpful in printing boarding passes and recommending an awesome restaurant for our last night!

Thank you so much for a most memorable experience - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brgirl t
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a business trip but every time in the morning when I used to go to blue fin cafe I used to think when can I get back nd enjoy the view and energy of Time square while drinking wine at blue fin.

I think locatin is one of the best u can get, the staff is awsome and for manhattan size rooms r decent sized. The beauty is even if it's in the middle of time squats the rooms are quite and peaceful.

I will definitely say if u r planning to stay pleas go ahead you will not regreat....

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveling-elephants
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for a few days over New Years and I must say it was out of this world fantastic. The location can't be beat! I remember looking out the window of our room and being able to see the stage of the show.

When we first arrived there was a problem with our room, so it wasn't ready. We had to wait a couple hours to get into it. As compensation they treated us to a meal at their wonderful restaurant, it was incredible!

A great place to stay, dine and be pampered in NYC!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends