“As always... nice, stylish, like home.... (just little noisy this time!)”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #262 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“As always... nice, stylish, like home.... (just little noisy this time!)”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great W hotsopt and near EVERYTHING!!! This is one of my favorites W hotels! Quality with style is the name of the game, but just be very careful when front desk assign you the room.... Go as higher as you can, otherwise be prepared to feel the party (and ALL TIMES SQUARE´S NOISE in your room).... :S

Room Tip: Up, up, up, up!!! This time I received a room in the 11th floor and all night I felt the Times Squar...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Typical of W Hotels in a city location you catch a lift up to recpetion. We arrived in the evening and the bar (which is off reception and very popular) was in full swing. Don't let this put you off. Your in New York - a buzz is normal! However, you quickly escape the buzz to the panaromaic views from your room on one of the many floors. We had a spectacular room which is 1 up from a wonderful room. Having seen the wonderful room I think the upgrade is worth it and you are higher up after all. Views amazing. Room amazing. All mod cons you could wish for. Wish I was there as I type!! One thing I will never forget about this place, and which is a slightly odd memory to have of a hotel, is the breakfast. Oh my jesus is all I can say. I think it was called the Blue Fin. Just indulge. Its a bit pricey but so worth it and your on hols after all.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam_London82
Sandy, UT
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The Ultra Modern Hotel does not disappoint in it's attempt to impress it's guests with style and beauty. It's certainly a unique experience. It may even take you a few minutes to figure out how to work everything within the property. The hotel is literally as close to times square as you can get, so plenty to do without ever needing a cab or the subway. The hotel is not as sound-proof as others in times square and with the added construction going on right now was overly noisy. The staff are great and extremely helpful and energetic. The rooms could not be cleaner and everything worked great. The only downside to the rooms was the showers - the water pressure is pretty weak and the shower heads assume all guests are under 5' 8". Very comfy beds. I would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Had the best time ever at the W Time Square in NYC. The staff is amazing, the property is beuaitful, and everything was perfert. Jonthan and Patrick of the Whatever/Whenever Team were beyond amazing! Thank you so much for making this trip such a wonderful experience. I can't wait until I get to come back to NYC and stay at the W Time Square again!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that enjoyed luxury and service!!! Thanks so much!

Room Tip: The two room corner suite was amazing!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed 2 May 2012

First off, I booked this hotel solely on the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor. I don't think I've seen any others hotel reviews that have so many positive and outstanding remarks.

My wife and I stayed at the W Times Square during the Easter break and all I can say is that everything was fantastic - well almost everything (I'll get to the negative in a minute)

After reading many reviews and many people commenting on Patrick, the Talent Coach, I decided to shoot him an email to see if he could help me out on a few things. Since this trip was a first for my wife and was her Valentines and Birthday present, I wanted it to be special. Patrick emailed me back asking different questions about when we're arriving, what we liked to eat and drink etc. one thing to mention though is that Patrick is not the only Talent Coach at the W, there is also Paul who we ended up dealing with. Together, these two can provide whatever/whenever seamlessly.

We checked in a little early and our room wasn't quite ready so they stored our bags for us and we went exploring Times Square. 30 min later I received an email from Patrick telling us that our room was ready.

Our room was a corner room on the 48th floor with a great view of Broadway. When we entered, we were greeted by a small path of rose petals and also a heart made with petals on the bed. There was also a hand written card from Paul welcoming us and letting us know to contact him if we needed anything. You have to realize that these guys are really on the ball. Emails were promptly returned when I was arranging this trip, and very detailed ones at that. Every small detail is taken care of with incredible personalization.

Back to the room - the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom actually had enough counter space to out your overnight bag (very rare nowadays when it seems more bathrooms are more style over function) I do agree with one reviewer about having no drawer space. We had no problem but I could see if you were spending a longer period here, it would be nice to have a couple of drawers. There was a single bathrobe and a single pair of slippers, an extra one would have been nice, not a huge deal for me but maybe for others. The room was fairly quiet and the shower had great water pressure and temperature.

Paul had recommended a couple of websites and ticket outlets to get show tickets so I checked out broadway.com and bought two tickets to Jersey boys. There was a surcharge but totally acceptable considering it was the day before the performance. The show was fantastic and totally worth it. To our surprise, after the show and entering our room, there was Jersey Boys music playing on the TV. I had bumped into the concierge in the elevator that day and she asked how I made out with tickets, after telling her the show we were seeing, she asked, what room we were in. What a nice touch!

I do travel very frequently and stay at many hotels all over the world. I have never experienced such personalized service as this hotel.

I only have one negative and it mirrors the same complaint that I have with many other hotels, that is the Internet. In this day and age when you can go to McDonalds and get wifi, it seems a little petty when hotels are charging for wifi, especially when you're already paying hundreds of dollars a night for the room.

One thing that we really wanted to do was meet Paul and Patrick and thank them personally. Unfortunately, due to being crazy busy, we never got around to it. I guess that gives us another reason to go back to the W Times Square.

Thank you Paul and Patrick and the entire W staff for really making our special occasion truly magical. We will definitely be back - hopefully soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple