“W saves the trip.” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bath, United Kingdom
“W saves the trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had visited NY on a very lastminute trip. Having spent much time in the city in the past we had initially been booked into the edison... See the other review about that one, however we ended up crossing the street to the W where having already been frightened by our second "budget" break we were offered a range of rooms by the great reception staff and we plumped for a corner room. the view from the room was spectacular, the bed sublime although due to allergies the feather and down pillows were replaced within 15 minutes of the phone call to reception, the decor was chic and trendy and the toiletries top quality and plentiful. We thoroughly enjoyed our remaining four days in ny thanks to w times sq. im ashamed to say we never ate or drank at the hotel but the bars and restaurants were always lively and inviting we just had so many old haunts to revisit. The concierge was great and hooked us up with a great, reliable and professional chauffer who stayed with us for the whole time and was invaluable for the shopping trips even if it would be quicker to walk !

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WWtravalla
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was in town with my boyfriend for only two nights, so we wanted a hotel with a great location. The W New York at Times Square is right there near everything: TKTS, the subway, restaurants and of course the Broadway theaters. The Cool Corner Suite is the most spacious room I've ever seen in a NYC hotel! The bed was so comfy that I slept like a baby and the room was surprisingly quiet for being in the middle of all the action. I love the Bliss toiletries in the room but did not get to visit the spa- maybe next time.
Patrick from Whatever/Whenever was very attentive and really wanted to make our stay memorable. The Welcome Ambassador at the front door gladly gave us directions to the subway that took us to JFK airport. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The cool corner suite w=is very spacious and had such incredible views of Times Square!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ValerieBAustin_TX
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at the W in Time Square several times and although I routinely enjoy my stays at W's, this place is something special. Yes, the hotel is clean and the beds are cumphy. Yes, the rooms are renovated and the lobby bar is lively... these things you come to expect at W hotels. What sets this one apart is the service. I have been impressed by the speed of their room service and minor requests like a wine bottle opener or extra hangers, but my last trip was exceptional. After a long night out in NYC and a crazy early flight out of JFK, I actually left my wallet in my hotel room. Not only did they find it and immediately call me, but they FedEx'd it to me overnight and I received it 100% intact Monday before 9am. These kinds of things just don't happen in NYC and for that Jim and his team need to be commended. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adornbusch
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the W over the Easter Weekend. It was a belated sweet 16 celebration for my niece. I contacted Patrick Armano at the hotel ahead of time and advised him of this special occasion. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:30 pm. our room wasn't ready and we were advised that we would get a call when our room was ready. Sure enough at 3:15 p.m. we received a call that our room was ready. We were upgraded to a higher floor room with a wonderful view of Times Square. There was also a lovely welcome package for us in the room. The room is a good size and very clean. The only thing we were unsure about was the see through bathroom wall. However when we noticed that they can cover this wall we called down and within 10 minutes there was someone there to cover the glass wall by putting up some paper. A great idea for the hotel may be that they can put small pull down shades which would eliminate the need to have someone come up to the room and would look nicer than packing paper. If we were travelling as a couple I don't think this wall would have been a problem but as a family or for girls' weekend (like ours) it can cause some privacy issues. Other than that the room was wonderful. There were no problems with noise. There is exterior construction going on in the hotel but again we had no issues with it.

We had arranged to see some shows while were in NYC and Patrick and his wonderful team sent up a great little treat package together with the CD for the show for my niece which was greatly appreciated. On our last night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and food was wonderful.

The hotel's location is unbeatable, especially for first time visitors to NYC. Broadway shows, Times Square and shopping is right at your door.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Thank you Patrick and Katiana for the wonderful service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Islandg1rl
Princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

If your visiting NYC and are looking for a premier hotel that is committed to service this is the hotel to stay at. We stayed only one night but wished it was for a lifetime. The staff go out of their way to make your stay memorable. I have been told on occasions that I am a hotel snob but who doesn't like great service away from home when your paying to stay somewhere.

This hotel is outstanding and the staff are the best I have experienced!

Two employees absolutely worth mentioning, Patrick and Fran totally get the "I want my guests to be wow'd. W management I hope you read this and provide them a career path to top leadership roles in the organization because they live and behave the W culture.

Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple