All reviewstimes squarefree breakfastyogurtfew blockswalked everywherethe empire state buildingmagnusonjavitssubwayavenuehellsmidtownbroadway
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel itself is clean, basic and just a base for our stay in New York. We arrived here for 4 nights, there were 3 adults sharing a 4 person room, if the 4th person came, there wouldn't be enough room.
The room was basic, beds were comfy but not enough hanging space or space to unpack our things.The bathroom was big enough and cleaned daily.
We had a wake up call everyday by the passing train going underneath, this didn't both us as we found if quite funny when the horn sounded, so if you don't mind an early morning wake up call, you'll be fine.

We had breakfast each morning, however there wasn't enough space for people to sit down. I can't complain about the breakfast as it was quite tasty and I enjoyed it each morning, nice start to the day.

The hotels location is about 15mins walk to the Empire State Building, depending on your pace.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank YvonneLR
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Upon my arrival at the hotel I wasn't expecting anything fancy as I knew it was a budget hotel. For me it was exactly what I was after as I was only sleeping, washing and eating breakfast there as I was out all day and best part of the night. The rooms are really old looking and very basic. Everything was clean and tidy and staff were always helpful. Breakfast was decent enough with sausage patties and scrambled egg along with pastries fruit and waffles along with cereals so something for everyone and you can eat as much as you like, teas coffees and juices too.
The hotel lies a few blocks from the hustle and bustle of the city and is within walking distance from a lot, it was ideal for us as we were going to MSG and broadway so we never needed a taxi or transport once.
This place is ideal if you plan to have a busy time of sightseeing etc and just want a place to get ya head down and wash etc. If your after luxury etc then this ain't for you.
I was happy with my stay there my only gripe is that I wasn't told about a withdrawal/security deposit of $100 when I checked in so when I went to my bank app I had to investigate, I only got back yesterday so still waiting for it to be refunded.
Other than that no problems and a decent enough hotel for the price but won't be for all tastes.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baldyb220
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Well, let's begin. The location of the hotel is pretty close to subways, and times square and madison square garden, that's a plus..the bed is pretty decent..and the breakfast is sufficient.
Everything else is lacking, the bathroom sink doesnt hold water, not a big deal..shower was horrible..no pressure
The wall mirror was hanging off the wall and crooked, the tv got about 10 channels.
Little tip, they throw on a $100 deposit on when you check in(not on their website).

Also, booked a King size bed, got a queen..
So, overall..location✔
Price ✔ (before deposit?
Bed✔
Room

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heeser80
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Our reservation was made 364 days prior to our arrival and I called earlier in the week to verify the reservation, yet upon arrival we were told that they couldn't give us the room we reserved. The reservation for one double room was split into two rooms which sounds good at first but the rooms were tiny (practically closets) right against the elevators (which were loud) and they were on different floors. When exiting the elevator there was a very strong smell of marijuana smoke filling the hallway. Once in the hotel room we were surprised to see stains all through the carpet, paint splattered on everything, and a terrible paint job on the wall. Once we put down our luggage we noticed that the curtains were stained and broken, the lamp shades were cracked and stained, the coffee tray had dirt caked in the corners, dust and dirt was in every crevice to be found and the carpet was disgusting. After a nasty poke in the leg we noticed that the bed frames were large, rough cut sheets of plywood. While taking a photo of the bed frames we found a dirty used condom right under the edge of the bed. We called the front desk and they sent up "the watchman." He casually picked up the condom with a strip of paper and then proceeded to explain that large hotels have it worse and "these people" are so disgusting, and that the hotel couldn't move us out of the room because they were booked for the business convention. He said he would make "lots of drama downstairs" about the condom. We later noticed that although there were two safes in the freestanding wardrobe, neither safe worked. We called the front desk again and the watchman came up to try and fix the safes with no success. He said that he would have someone come and fix it the next morning at 9am but that never happened. For the first two days I would ask at the front desk to speak to the manager but he was never there when I asked. The last day of my stay would be a shorter day so I resolved to speak to him then. On that day I spoke with him in the afternoon and he was really pleasant and seemed trustworthy. He said that the card was already charged and that he would be able to call me the next morning to give me credit for one night (which I considered fair.) He took my name and cellular number and also my business card. He said that he would call at 10am the next morning. He never called so I began calling the hotel trying to get the one night of compensation that he promised. It took 19 calls and 9 messages over the course of a week to finally speak with the manager. He wouldn't return my calls and I believe that if I didn't persist that they would not have provided compensation. After pestering them for a week they did give us a compensation of one night. Mistakes happen and all it takes is a tiny bit of customer service to make it better but it seems that returning a call is too much to ask. The hotel will only respond on this review site because the reviewer doesn't have a chance to respond back.

Room Tip: Bring drop cloths for the floors and cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Allen D
Reviewed 27 February 2018

DO NOT STAY HERE! I booked a hotel room for a conference and when I arrived to check in, they stated they had a flood and lost my room. They referred me to another hotel and assured me they would refund my prepaid room. (Through Bedfinder.com, do NOT use them either!) They never refunded my money and stated I checked in and stayed. I have receipts for the other emergency hotel I had to find. This is the worst possible scam.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business