“Good location, Nice hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park South Hotel

Ranked #53 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kilmarnock, Scotland
“Good location, Nice hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed late Feb 2012 with my wife. Chose the larger room option which turned out to be a good choice as the inside rooms looked small. Our room was spacious but i could only describe the closet/wardrobe area as non existent,Small safe ,large bathroom, great bed and
plenty of drawer space. The free wi-fi was spot on but the TV was not worth watching which was not an issue when you're in NYC.Location was spot on as the subway was on the street corner and eating places are aplenty,If you can reserve the larger room option at the the right price then i would jump at the chance - don't forget about the inclusive breakfast which was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Try to reserve an outside facing room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your great feedback. This information is crucial to us in evaluating our efforts to achieve guest expectations as well as improving our service levels. I’m very happy you found our executive room offering a better fit for you during your visit. I concur that our location is very convenient for travelers who are adventurous and use the subway. It really is the best way to get around the Big Apple. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Cheers,
Park South Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hungarian first
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at Park South Hotel in February with my wife and two boys (11 & 9) and had a great time. The hotel was very well located with only a fairly short walk to Empir State building and Times Square. All the staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast really set us up for the day. As we didn't really adjust that well it was great to be able to get a coffee before 6am. We also ate a couple of times in the restaurant and it lived up to its reviews, hence the reason we ate there twice! I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay there again

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Park South Hotel. It’s nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay as well as our complimentary continental breakfast. I’m particularly happy to learn that you got the opportunity to dine with us not once but twice in the Black Duck Restaurant. I find it’s always very inviting and relaxed atmosphere. I’ll be certain to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team and look forward to welcome you and your family back soon.

Very Warm Regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel in March/April 2011 for 8 days while I was doing some work on my M.A. at the Metropolitan and Brooklyn Museums. I really liked this hotel. It was clean and quiet. The rooms are small, but such is NYC. I have stayed at several other hotels in Manhattan and they have always been the same size. The hallways (not the rooms) smell like curry, but they are in Curry Hill so I was not surprised.

The best part of this hotel is the location. It is central to everything, and literally 1/2 block away from the 6 subway, which will take you to grand central or lower Manhattan to transfer easily. There are several places to eat and drink that are very close. If you like to walk, it is not too far to the TS/ Central Park area. I'm a mega-walker, so I spent almost all of my time on foot and had no problems getting around, and I saw so much more of the city.

The staff at Park South were super. The front desk and door staff are lovely. Housekeeping was efficient and polite. The concierges that bring ice and room service are awesome. I was very impressed.

NYC can be a stressful town, especially when you are trying to get work done. The Park South was a nice place to stay and accommodated my needs nicely. I got a really good rate and was very impressed with the service and location. I would say that this will be my first choice to stay when I return to NYC.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments, the team will be very pleased to learn that they made you’re stay enjoyable. The Park South Hotel has been in operation for well over ten years and it’s attributed to our staffs personable touch and attention to details that keep our guests returning year over year. We hope to welcome you back for many more on your next walk through the Big Apple. Thanks again.

Warm Regards,
worcester, ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Very quick visit to NYC , only one night. Made online res. with AAA discount and was able to get a beautiful room for under $140. Checked in early on a friday and was upgraded to a corner room, view of Chrysler Building. Every person I encountered was polite, helpful and always pleasant (remember this is NYC). I needed a driver the next day to NJ and they arranged all the plans for me, driver waiting at exact time needed.
Breakfast buffet was sumptuous, fresh fruit, juices, pastries, deli meats and cheeses, and hard boiled eggs. The clientele was definitely a majority of foreign visitors, many languages heard.
I will certainly return here for another visit, hopefully longer. The area has much to offer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank smg608
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
I’m so happy to hear your quick trip went well. It’s always our goal to make each guest encounter a memorable experience and we like nothing more than to welcome back return guests. The Park South Hotel’s location in the Murray Hill neighborhood really does have everything to offer plus the six subway line at the corner of Park & Lexington Avenues. I appreciate your comments about out complimentary continental breakfast; it’s always a hit with our guest. I hope you come back soon for a longer visit. Thank you.

Warm Regards,
Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hubby and I spent three nights here in order to celebrate my birthday in the big city. We had a very small room with one queen bed, but it was clean and space was used as well as possible. I would have upgraded to a bigger room for a stay any longer than three nights. We are very light packers but filled the wee cupboard and tiny drawers with our weekend attire. We were right behind the elevator, which could be heard, but no one really used it most of the night so it was not a bother. Breakfast was more than adeqate and the folks who were stocking it and cleaning tables were quick and efficient. I got the room for $96 on an Orbitz special, which is less than I have paid here in Missouri for an old Crown Plaza room. For that price, with breakfast and wi-fi included, we were very pleased with the room and service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CAldoy, Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Happy belated birthday! I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Park South Hotel as well as our complimentary continental breakfast. It’s usually a favorite of many of our guests. In addition to the complimentary Wi-Fi, there is also a complimentary business center which is available 24/7. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next birthday.

Cheers,