“Long wait to get the wrong dish”
Review of East End Kitchen - CLOSED

East End Kitchen
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yorkville
Cross street: York Avenue
Description: Seasonal New American plates featuring local ingredients; rustic 85-seat bistro, outfitted with antique mirrors, Edison bulbs and leather banquettes.
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Waited almost an hour to be served the wrong dish. My wife had to eat her food alone while they corrected things. Had hoped for a relaxing Sunday brunch but we were very disappointed. Food unspectacular even when it finally came.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Wednesday night is mussel night and it was excellent. We were given home-made rolls and olive oil to munch while we perused the menu, replenished while our meal was cooked. The mussels were huge and the broth was great. The french fries were plentiful. I made room for a dessert - the special was a chocolate-chip cookie and ice-cream - but it was almost too much for me. (I had to force myself but it was worth the effort!). A very inviting and unhurried meal, good value and very tasty.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This is a hidden gem thats snuck away in a side street (East End & 81st). The dimmed lighting created a soothing romanic soft atmosphere that was paired with calming classic music. The service were friendly, helpful and informed on the details of the menu. The food was outstanding we had dinner (vegan mushroom and vegetable soup, & Organic Roasted Chicken with smooth potatoes and green beans). The flavours and tastes were beautiful balanced and left a wonderful lingering taste. The whole experience was truly a pleasure.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 24 February 2016

As my husband and I live nearby, East End Kitchen is a great local spot to go to for lunch or brunch – their dinner menu looks delicious as well, but we haven’t been for dinner yet! The menu is reasonably priced, which is nice to find in NYC! I have dietary restrictions and can always find something yummy on their menu. Their brunch menu includes a drink (and doesn’t have to be alcoholic) which is lovely. The space and décor is inviting and we usually see other couples and groups there, especially on the weekends. I will say that the last time we were there the kitchen was short staffed and we waited quite a bit for our meals – they did comp drinks for us which was nice and appreciated. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Had a great brunch. Huge portions, nice atmosphere. If you live in the area, it's a great little place to try. It does seem to get crowded on early Saturday afternoon. You may need a reservation.

Date of visit: February 2016