“Great hotel superb location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Perth
“Great hotel superb location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Last year we stayed in a lovely room looking across to Central Park. The whole experience was great- good location, great amenities, and a special ambiance in the Club lounge and the downstairs bar/lounge-they serve the best martinis! The staff were friendly, food presentation and service great which all added up to a wonderful time in NewYork.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking Central park.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I spent this past weekend at the Ritz for his birthday. We typically stay at the Four Seasons but we decided to give the Ritz a try since we could collect Marriott nights as my husband needs so many nights a year to maintain his platinum status. We were to have a city view room, but instead we faced another brick building with no view whatsoever. We typically receives upgrades due to his status, this did not happen and we did not receive the room we paid and requested with the city view. No apology or a discount on the room. The rooms are large and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable. The housekeeping service was lacking. We only received one water bottle the entire weekend. We had to keep asking for towels as we were provided with only one bath towel for two people. The housekeeper cleaned the room and then left her dirty rag on the sink, and no toilet paper in the bathroom. It was nothing major that happened but little things like having to ask for toilet paper when you are paying $700/night for a room is a bit ridiculous. The concierge desk was always staffed with 3 people; however they were always on the phone for lengths at a time. Understandable, but after waiting for 10 minutes 4 different times we went to ask for help at the front desk for recommendations. They did acknowledge you but has to continue their conversations. We received wonderful recommendations from the front desk staff, so it wasn't a problem. My husbands joked that to get a hold of the concierge he should go up to the room and call them. We have stayed at the Four Seasons the last few years for my husband’s birthday, they always send up a small cake, card and sometimes a bottle of champagne. The Ritz Carlton- nothing. They did not even acknowledge we were here celebrating his birthday, after this was noted in the reservation and I had called several days before to confirm reservation and mention this. This was disappointing. We ate at the hotel for breakfast as we had a $100 credit to use. If you stuck to the menu the prices were not unreasonable, however if you ordered something that was not on the menu the price was steep. I ordered one egg on the side and it was $14, this was funny as my entire pancake breakfast with pancakes, fruit and a drink was only $20. The location is directly across from Central Park and in an ideal location for walking to various sites. We are returning for another weekend in NYC in 2 weeks. We will be staying at the Four Seasons the next time around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alisabeth
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just returned from a long weekend in New York. After doing my research on Trip Advisor I selected the Ritz. From the moment we walked in till the time we left the experience was perfect. We have traveled to New York many times but this was our best. The lobby is lovely, very classic and warm. The desk staff were very helpful and the check in was a breeze. We asked for a quiet room and it truly was. The rooms are large and well appointed. We booked a room with club access and that is a must. The location is great, just far enough from the crowded time square, but a nice walk to shops and shows. We will stay at the Ritz again and again.

Room Tip: High floor with park view great, but for sleep and noise control the inner rooms away from elevator...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary60898
disney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

In December, I stayed at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park on a weekend trip with my daughter, her pal and their mom. The four of us planned to soak up as much New York at Christmas as possible in 48 hours. The location of this hotel is perfect for experiencing all New York City has to offer. We were so close to all the sites including 5th Avenue, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park and more. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else now when I go to New York City.

Everyone there made us feel so welcomed. I felt like the doormen were swooping us in from the cold and the lobby was embracing us with a warm blanket. They also always helped us with navigating the city and what was our best way to travel to a location. All you have to do is taste the S'mores and Cocoa in the Star Lounge in the lobby to feel relaxed and at home. That is how I felt while I was there. It seemed like I had always stayed there and of course they knew my name (it was the Ritz wasn't it)! I felt so relaxed right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. It refreshed us, so we were ready to go out and tackle more sightseeing, shopping and more!

Everyone there was at the top of their game. My packages from shopping never even had to go to the room. Ryan was amazing and had them shipped without a care for me. They showed up in perfect time for Christmas and were in much better shape than the ones I carried home myself. All the staff were amazing, whether they were at the door, in the lobby, a concierge or in the club lounge. I did not have a care in the world, because I knew that if I did they would handle it for me.

Also the rooms are amazing. We needed double beds, so we had to forgo the view, but the Club Lounge substituted for a view of all the decked out holiday horse and carriages going down the street. Our bathroom was almost like a Spa Suite! Also the bed was the most comfortable that I can remember anywhere and I travel a good bit!

I would love to make this an annual trip! Maybe next time for a Mother's Day Adventure or to experience Central Park in the spring or summer. The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park has to be the best place to experience New York. I can't imagine staying anywhere else! Also if you are going to Broadway or to see the Rockettes, this is your place to stay!

Room Tip: Try to make due with Queen room, if you need a double you will not be able to get the wonderful view...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank feefeewhite
Brasil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

The concierges are really amazing, helpful and extremely dedicated, location of course is wonderful, but room service and the restaurant at the breakfast are sometimes slow and not so top for what you are paying... In general a very good hotel, but mostly for the location and the staff at the frontdesk, concierge and doormen, but should ameliorate room service and the restaurante and bar...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business