“Great location”

Ranked #369 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Was in New York for business. Since this trip was for five days I wanted a location close to the meeting site. Took a chance on this hotel and overall was very pleased. Upside, great location close to many restaurants and other points of interest. While the room is one the small side it is typical for New York at a much more reasonable price, another plus. Bathroom is small and closet space is limited. Hotel staff is friendly, however knowledge of hotel operations seems to vary with some staff being excellent and helpful with others being average but never rude or uncaring. Will stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Clarion Park Ave. Walking into the hotel was awesome. Our flight was at 6:00 AM and we arrived a little after 10:00 AM—hours before check in. The hotel stored our bags safely while we took in some of the city. When arriving, the room and hallway seemed pretty small, but in retrospect, when thinking about the price that we paid for the room and the quality and cleanliness of the hotel and the room, the size of the room was great. The staff was very helpful and inviting. They helped us navigate through NYC and even ordered a limo for us upon our return to the Airport.
The breakfast was ample and typical of hotel breakfasts. The housekeeping was also awesome. The minute we left our room, they came in and cleaned and straightened our bed and changed our sheets. Upon our departure, the hotel held our bags again in storage while we waited until 5 pm for our limo service to arrive—which the hotel coordinated on our behalf. All in all, the room was very clean, the service was exceptional and I have nothing but good things to say about the Clarion on Park Ave S. I have to say, when I return to NYC, this will be where I stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimbamarie
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked a room online for a three day stay. I had been traveling with my family the whole day and got to the hotel around midnight, so I was pretty tired. When I finally arrived, the lobby looked really spacious and elegant. I had a lot of luggage with me but hauling all of it on the cart was no problem. Now here comes the bad part. The elevator was ridiculously small. The cart took up the whole elevator so it was very challenging for myself and the cart to fit in there. Once the elevator opened up to my floor, I was beyond shocked. The hallways were so narrow, I had difficulty maneuvering the cart to get it to the front of my room. Apparently the hallways weren't the only thing that was small because when I entered my room, I was so surprised to see how small the room was. I was almost afraid to walk around (if that was even possible) in the room because of the weight of my luggage, myself, and the constant squeaking of the floors. The corners of the carpet were really dusty. The air condition was so high up, so there was no way to change the temperature in the room except for the light switch which apparently turns it on and off. There was no radio alarm clock so that was weird. I have to admit that the bathroom was pretty nice except for the bathroom door that does not lock. There was only one window and I actually expected to see some sort of street or a view of the city but when I looked outside, it was a solid wall. Why add a window then? I went down to the front desk requesting an extra pillow and blanket. I was handed a pillow with no cover. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. How can I use the pillow without a cover? The next day, I went down for breakfast to find that their breakfast room was also small and that they only had waffles for a hot breakfast instead of full hot breakfast. Their front desk weren't all that friendly either. Overall, it seems like the hotel does not follow Choice Hotels guidelines.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying here with family. If you're rooming by yourself then maybe it will...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Piggers20

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Bresso, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A small city center hotel near to the Empire State Building, half way between downtown and uptown and with the underground station just nearby.
A very good breakfast included in the room price is waiting for you.
..................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012 via mobile

Our room had ample space for our 5 day stay, the room service was above what was expected
I.e changing of bed every day & general cleaning of room & bathroom.
It was noise free & staff were very accommodating to any requests we had....
It was in the perfect location for all the main tourists attractions, subway was just a block away.
The breakfast wasn't 5 star but was perfect to start the day in the big apple :)
This was my third stay in new York, which I have stayed in more expensive bigger hotels but my advice is keep your money for shopping etc & stay at the clarion.

Stayed March 2012