“Just Beautiful!”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
Ranked #85 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I are both from Brooklyn NY and I work in Battery City. I've always admired the Ritz from the outside. So when deciding where we wanted to spend our wedding night, I chose this hotel. I am SO happy we did. We got to the city around 2am, walked into the lobby in our full wedding gear and were treated so nicely! Everyone was so excited to see us and were so accomodating. The gave us water bottles and I asked if they had Tylenol, and they had someone deliver us some to the room. They took our bags up to the room for us and just made sure we were comfortable.

The room was beautiful with a stunning view of Lady Liberty and the NY Harbor. The bed was more comfortable than my own! And the bathroom was to die for. Seperate soaking tub was beautiful.

I truly felt like a royal tourist in my own city. Would definitely love to spend another night here!

1  Thank Jessica V
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Beautiful property on the southern tip of Manhattan. Very convenient location for business or leisure travel, although midtown is 15-20 minute subway or cab ride away. A much more quiet and low-key area than typical on the island. I would highly recommend.

Check in was a breeze; no upgrades were available as the hotel was booked up for the weekend. Statue of Liberty view room was wonderful. Extremely comfortable bed and linens. View was fantastic; and room was huge by New York standards. Bathroom was well-appointed and quite large. Shower and water pressure was spectacular. Pillow-top bed was very comfortable.

Ate at the hotel restaurant (see the review for 2 West), bar and ordered room service every morning for breakfast. Room service was very elegant and delicious. Food was piping hot and fresh as were the baked goods. Orange juice tasted like it was freshly squeezed.

The service was so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better staff. High marks all around.

Room Tip: Statue of Liberty view rooms feature a telescope and and a sweeping view.
1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay and could not have had a better mini-vacation! When we checked in (Maya) and they upgraded us to a magnificent water & Statue of Liberty view room complete with telescope. When they found out it was my birthday they sent up complimentary champagne! The furnishings were tasteful and very comfortable. All the staff were extremely attentive and friendly.

The Battery Park City location was great for walking to the World Trade Center Memorial, Financial Center, several excellent museums, fantastic restaurants. Tribecca and the South Street Seaport. Service in the restaurant was great as was the food. We even lucked out it being "Restaurant Week" with discounted prix-fixe menus. When we had a problem with one key not working and having to have it reprogrammed several times. "For our inconvenience" Linda from Security offered us a complimentary breakfast or lunch.

Definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a water-view room available. They are very accommodating if they have one.
1  Thank kroywen1
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is a very nice Ritz hotel, but it was not my favorite Ritz. The furnishings were beautiful and the bed was incredibly comfortable. My one downside for the stay was the staff; typically they are tripping over themselves to be helpful and welcoming. However, I felt, at times that the reception staff and concierge staff thought that they were doing me a favor by helping me out. Also, little things like the shampoos, waters, etc. not being replenished daily were annoying. I totally expected to pay a lot for the one-bedroom suite we had, but thought that I wouldn't feel nickel and dimed by not having enough shampoo for two people to bathe every day. These may seem like picky complaints, but when you are paying top dollar and are staying at a Ritz, I have come to expect better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ColoradoTraveler327
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at the Ritz Carlton in Battery Park. Could see the Statue of Liberty from my room and even had a telescope by the window. Easy sunway ride to downtown NYC. This place is great but a little pricey

• Stayed: November 2011