“A great hotel!”

The Benjamin
Ranked #98 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I went at the Benjamin hotel with my best friend and it was absolutely great!
The hotel is very well located, near time square and the 5th avenue (but not too close so we do not have the noise) buses and subways.
All the staff is very professional and helpful. The concierge gave us good tips to go out.
The room was big, quiet, clean, many towels in the bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. There is also a small kitchenette if you need. The deco is sober but nice and tasty. It’s a pity not to have the wifi in the room but I will definitely go back to Benjamin hotel the next time I am in New York!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is centrally located in NYC across from Waldorf Astoria and next to the Bull and the Bear.. Hotel is impeccable..This hotel has all the amenities you would expect from a 5 Star Hotel. Staff was great and hotel was spotless.

Room Tip: This hotel is not for those traveling on a budget.. it is high end but if you can afford it.. it is...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bobsacard
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear bobsacard,

WOW, that is high praise. Thanks you for your kind words and for choosing The Benjamin. Looking forward to meeting you next time you are in town. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

My best,

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I just arrived home from an anniversary weekend of pampering at The Benjamin. Words can not express properly how well we were treated. Upon arrival we were graciously offered a room upgrade, and that was only the beginning. All of the staff were attentive and courteous. Even tiny requests for something as simple as a bandaid were handled promptly and with professional class.
I would also highly recommend when you are in New York, to make a reservation at "The National" (on site restaurant.) We enjoyed a meal that was impeccably prepared and served. The restaurant was incredibly busy, but our waiter made us feel that he was catering to us specially.
I have read other reviews that complainted about the elevators, but inspite of their slowness, we took this little break as time to look around at the charm and uniqueness of the establishment.
Five plus stars to everyone, thank you so much, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: didn't have an opportunity to try out the spa. Maybe next time. Corner rooms are wonderful a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear MV8568,

Thanks for the great review of your stay at The Benjamin Hotel. I am so grateful that you trusted us to host such an important occasion in your lives. I will share all of your words with my team as I tell them “mission accomplished” in regards to your experience at The Benjamin.

My best,

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Decent location (only a few blocks from the E & 6 trains), clean and spacious (a surprise in NYC) room, extra amenities in room, and mostly quiet (some street noise, but nothing excessive as can be the case in the city that never sleeps). Pleasant and courteous desk staff. Would stay again!

Room Tip: It never hurts to request a high floor for noise control. We had a corner room which provided us wi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear jbergma,

The best words and innkeeper can here are “I’d stay here again”! Thanks for your review and choosing The Benjamin. I hope to meet you the next time your travels bring you back to our hotel.

Best,

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My wife and I and 2 children (ages 7&9) stayed at the Benjamin 7/9-7/15 in a one-bedroom suite with balcony (corner room 2002 on 20th floor) facing lexington avenue. It was a wonderful stay. I selected the Benjamin based on price (mid to upper $300s), location, pictures, and the reviews on trip advisor. I was a little apprehensive about some of the comments regarding slow elevators, worn furniture, and noise. But I found these comments to be unwarranted. The Benjamin easily lived up to my expectations. This is a great hotel and having a balcony is a very unique way to experience city views. My wife loved the comfortable bed and pillow selection as did I. I didn't notice any issues with the sofa bed and my kids slept fine on it. Based on some of the comments regarding slow service, I requested that the sofa bed be ready on our arrival and it was. It would be nice to have complimentary wifi but oh well. The furniture is not high end nor brand new but the room is tastefully decorated. The elevators weren't really an issue for us. Maybe on one or two ocassions it took a little while but certainly nothing worth complaining about. There was the occassional siren but we slept with the air conditioning on so never really heard it. I didn't really interact with the staff very much but on the couple occassions that I did they seemed very eager to please. As others have stated the location is superb. The breakfast was good (having complimentary vouchers helped). We wanted to try the National for dinner but never made it. There are plenty of eating choices within a couple of blocks radius (including a Starbucks for morning joe). I went to check out the Kimberly Hotel next door (this was on my list of potential choices) but they never had time to show me a room. However, I wasn't that impressed with the lobby. The Benjamin's lobby was much better albeit smaller. Overall this a great hotel for the money and played an important role in making our NY trip a fantastic experience. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hrmotty

Dear hrmotty,

Thanks for your kind words and very detailed review. I have shared all of your comments with my team. I am so happy to hear that your family had such a nice experience at The Benjamin. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Best,